James Corden

Loved everything about Gavin and Stacey, including 'Smithy'. Everything else Corden and Horne are involved in makes my skin crawl. So unfunny it hurts.

He's just a victim of over-exposure. A safe yet reasonably witty/intelligent choice for any application, though it has seen him stretch himself for anything that's required a bit of use of his wit. I have vague memories of a Sports Personality thing that had me blushing for him, though rather have him than ant/dec/kaye/willoughby/bbc-radio-style-presenters.

I think he'll always be up in my estimations as I heard him re-tell some anecdote from way back when he was in Hollyoaks (pre G&S), and he refused to film a scene where him, the young fatty, had a picture of baked beans in his bedroom, and made the producers take it down as he didn;t want fat people stereotyped as being solely interested in food...anwyay he made it sound a touch more grandose than I do, but anyway...

That awful thing he did with The Other One From G&S was painful and made you feel like shouting DID YOU LEARN NOTHING FROM THE MITCHELL AND WEBB LOOK?? at the screen though I can't hold it against him.

I still think there's a lot worse in the industry to do the function he gets hired to do.

He's just a victim of over-exposure. A safe yet reasonably witty/intelligent choice for any application, though it has seen him stretch himself for anything that's required a bit of use of his wit. I have vague memories of a Sports Personality thing that had me blushing for him, though rather have him than ant/dec/kaye/willoughby/bbc-radio-style-presenters.

I think he'll always be up in my estimations as I heard him re-tell some anecdote from way back when he was in Hollyoaks (pre G&S), and he refused to film a scene where him, the young fatty, had a picture of baked beans in his bedroom, and made the producers take it down as he didn;t want fat people stereotyped as being solely interested in food...anwyay he made it sound a touch more grandose than I do, but anyway...

That awful thing he did with The Other One From G&S was painful and made you feel like shouting DID YOU LEARN NOTHING FROM THE MITCHELL AND WEBB LOOK?? at the screen though I can't hold it against him.

I still think there's a lot worse in the industry to do the function he gets hired to do.

Do you not see the 'I think I'm a lot funnier than I am'* thing?

*Yes, this greenhouse is looking a little ricketty, Danielsan:lol:

He's pretty good on "One man, two guvnors".
Sometimes he loves himself a bit too much though so I can see why he might get a bit annoying.

He is really nothing more than the happy go lucky fat bloke you meet down the pub mid week. Bit of crudeness thrown in to enhance the comedy, got funnier dudes at work to be honest, roll on break time.

Back