JAM MAN/ anyone - mobile phone Q please

WeLuvIbiza

I understand Jamster is a mobile phone expert, or anyone else who has experience?

Reception for all mobile networks in our village is pants, best of the worst is o2. Even on this network I have to stand in a certain position with the phone held flat and not move. Even then calls are often lost.

For a while I have debated whether to get a mobile phone repeater, the type that is a small antenna that is mounted atop the house and cable runs to a small aerial indoors. I do get two sometimes three bars upstairs with phone out of the window!

Do the hoe mobile repeater masts actually work?

Voda and Orange are offering systems that link your phone to your Broadband.

Vodafone's is called a femtocell.

Heard good things about it but not used one myself.

:)

Ahh, many thanks. was not available last time I looked into this mobile aerial thingy. This more or less makes the htc sensation on vodafone a deffo purchase :)

My handset is set to automatically switch to wifi for all data applications, but the option for voice is not open.

UK Operators close off this frequency to voice within the handset software.

My handset is set to automatically switch to wifi for all data applications, but the option for voice is not open.

UK Operators close off this frequency to voice within the handset software.

That is cheeky blackberry and htc are designed for that. Do you guys have unlimited phone plans?

Some Operators (carriers) offer handset contracts with "unlimited data" but that is subject to a fair use cap...usually around 2GB per Month.

Voice-wise there is almost always a limit to the minutes.

Some Operators (carriers) offer handset contracts with "unlimited data" but that is subject to a fair use cap...usually around 2GB per Month.

Voice-wise there is almost always a limit to the minutes.

I can call/text the UK, Spain, and Germany free. The phone operators are rip offs

Back