It's All Gone Pete Tong...

I think we've done this sort of stuff before, but my fave Ibiza(ish) type films are:

Sex & Lucia (island bit set in Greece, but filmed on Formentera)
and Morvern Callar (not Ibiza, but Spanish club scenes are quite hallucinatory, plus you have the contrast between them and the more traditional Spanish culture/snowy Scottish scenes).

Someone needs to bring the tone/class of those films to a flick with Ibiza as the backdrop! Has there ever been a good fictional book written about Ibiza that could be made into a film? I guess the trouble with filming in named Ibiza clubs is you can't actually show all that goes on there! And something with an underground house/techno soundtrack would be nice as opposed to cheese. :lol:

There's been a host of recent holiday reviews that could be turned into a series of short films...:)

Seriously though, there's bound to be some fictional literature about Ibiza somewhere. That Jimi Mistry documentary/film is supposed to go in depth into Ibiza culture and dispel myths etc...but got no idea where to get hold of it.

Where can you see that documentary?

I've just thought of another film with an amazingly f'ed up 'club' scene: Twin Peaks: Firewalk With Me. 'I am the muffin.' :eek: :lol: I'd love to see more trippy club scenes, reflecting the way one tends to experience clubs when messy, rather than just long shots of rooms of people with hands in the air.

Back