Is the Ibiza clubbing season getting longer?

Pete

Hi,
We have been going to Ibiza since 1997.
I still consider myself a bit of a newbie as I never made it to a roof-less Ku or Amnesia.

Anyway I seem to remember that Es Paradis opened 1 or 2 nights a week (Fed by the west-end) quite early in the season and Pacha would open all year at weekends.

When I think back in 97 nothing really seemed to get going 'til the 1st or 2nd week of July. We would miss several openings coming home on the 30th of June.

I seem to remember some of the Big clubs would be open on nights that would be given over to the big club brands later in the season.

Now I look at the Clubbing calendar

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

and it seems to be all go from Very early June

Also,
at the other end of the year I seem to remember it all been over early September.

Now looking at the Clubbing calendar we are into October.

So,
Is the clubbing season getting longer :?:
Or
Is my old age twisting my memories:?:

Longer Clubbing Months in various locations is and has been well on the up each year !!! and of course the place must have triple the amount of clubbers there each summer since back then...

Truck loads more Cash for your club Fat Cats and the Ibiza industry as well of course 8)

simples ...(squeek) :p

its def getting longer and i dont think island has tried to hide the fact.

im sure i remember reading pete tong talking this year about the IMS being an attempt to get the season started earlier than ever and will be each year.

I think the government has encouraged the clubs to extend the season a little, such that it goes from May to October. My impression is that there was even a little bit of quid quo pro in terms of not being so harsh with licensing, etc. following the crackdown a couple of years ago.

There definitely seems to be more parties opening in early June than before. Maybe a couple more sticking around longer in Sept. as well.

but in everyones opinion ...this can be only be good? right? 8)

Hell Yes:!:

It makes life so much easier to book a holiday knowing that there will be something happening June to September.

OMHO
I don't like August as it's too hot and busy.

I love June as it is all fresh.

I have an old Cream poster/flyer from 1998. I actually went to the night. On the poster it says opening was 2nd July and closings 10th September.

The longer the better I say.

I have an old Cream poster/flyer from 1998. I actually went to the night. On the poster it says opening was 2nd July and closings 10th September.

The longer the better I say.

Thu, 17 June this year to Thu, 30 September this year:)

and yep,
The longer the better I say also:!:

Back