is that BAD news or GOOD news ?

I think we've had this discussion a million times before.

Some decry the invasion of various kinds of live acts into what they view as an arena exclusively for DJs and electronic music.

But what most don't consider is that, for people living on the island who like live music, it's a great opportunity to see a variety of acts.

So, sad news in my opinion. There were a couple of nights (not the hip hop ones) I would have definitely attended last year had I been on the island at the time.
(and looking back now, they had some very tasty DJ line-ups on some nights as well!!)

i think it's a shame. i can't see any bad thing in bringing live music back to the island. there's still more than enough room for electronic music and always will be!

They could easily fit into lineups in other parties and events like Rocks and the festival, i was thinking more about the US hip hop invasion of last summer...

:)

aye but what about ibicencos who are into 50 cent? are they not allowed to be into 50 cent cause they are from such an iconic dance music destination?

... what about ibicencos who are into 50 cent?
are they not allowed to be into 50 cent
cause they are from such an iconic dance music destination?
no.

ps:
in case such people really exist they can take the ferry to mallorca,
then bus to magaluf :twisted:

interesting article actually, about ibiza rocks/mallorca rocks, ibiza live/mallorca live, etc. btw, this summer they will have a big festival with the cult, guns n'roses and more..... i wish more big international bands included the balearics on their tours:

:arrow: http://www.eventosenmallorca.es/index.php?evento=4565

biggest thing to happen in mallorca since the visit of the ramones in 1993.....

23450560.jpg

"...

Magaluf scrubs up for a new type of tourist
The Mallorcan resort's notorious foam parties are still in evidence,
but developers are now hoping to attract the smart set

... The proposition is to take Magaluf upmarket.

The idea is born of necessity. Spain's financial crisis, political change,
falling prices in the area and the restrictions imposed by Mallorca's reputation
as a seasonal holiday destination have forced a rethink by Meliá, which has 19 hotels
on the island.
And the company has concluded that the only way to stem the decline of this "mature resort"
is to try to replicate the experience offered on the surrounding coast, that of ritzy marinas
such as Puerto Portals and coveted golf clubs including Mallorca's top course at Poniente,
a five-minute drive inland.

Meliá has decided to lead the way by trying to attract high-quality tourism through
major investment in its own hotels – just how many million euros will be spent,
the company declines to reveal.
The move has been encouraged by the cash-strapped local and national authorities,
from city hall to Spain's tourism ministry, which have lent a hand by speeding up the paperwork.

But can tourists really be persuaded that Magaluf can change?
"We are trying to bring new people to Magaluf,
but things have to be done slowly
because the change will be drastic
," says Susana.
"It's going to be complicated this year
because we're going to have new people
together with those that normally come
:twisted:
..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/magaluf-scrubs-up-for-a-new-type-of-tourist-7878450.html

"...
And how will they keep the clientele smart?

"Price.
Some people will come once and find it too expensive
and they won't come back."

..."

Back