Is it the time to be worried?

jackmontandon

This season seams to have worried me a little, never before have I seen so many nights canceled :( it is a sign of things to come or is it simply a bad year / bad decision making?

This season seams to have worried me a little, never before have I seen so many nights canceled :( it is a sign of things to come or is it simply a bad year / bad decision making?

if you are a club owner....yes

Most deffo a sign of things to come. Ibiza is changing.

Clubbers just dont have the cash anymore. High prices/production costs v's poor ticket sales are the reason for so many nights closing this year.

I predict one superclub will not open next season. In the space of 3 years I can see another 2 gone unless they change their business model.

Most deffo a sign of things to come. Ibiza is changing.

Clubbers just dont have the cash anymore. High prices/production costs v's poor ticket sales are the reason for so many nights closing this year.

I predict one superclub will not open next season. In the space of 3 years I can see another 2 gone unless they change their business model.

Which one do you think won't open?

it will be a shame if they get closed down due to greed, cant they see by lowering the prices there is the opportunity to make more money?

I really do hope they sort themselves out for next year, I will be heartbroken if the whole island goes to pot!

Maybe they'd just have it open once or twice a week? Don't think Judgement Sundays would be able to move anywhere else, unless JJ is ending it after this year.

The whole situation is strange tbh, on one hand lots of places are canceling nights yet on another hand lots of new places have recently opened (ushuia for example)

I would guess the Judge would move to Es Paradis as hes billed as San Antonios biggest night. Es Paradis will have a number of vacant slots next season....

Ushuaia has powerful financial backing, so much so, they could open a club on Mars.

The recession in Europe is here to stay for a number of years yet...things are not going to get better any time soon. Here in Ireland, we were the first country to go into an austerity regime 3 years ago. We are still stagnant with no growth in our economy. Expect Spain to have at least another 3 years of recession ahead.

Certain clubs, especially the two out the road, will have to start doing something different to attract customers.

The sooner the big clubs die out the better.

Amazing as they are - Ibiza doesn't need overpriced, regimented dance spaces. It'll always be great regardless.

q. will any of these nights that were cancelled be missed? (i'd imagine maybe pandemonium had any kind of following and its paid the price due to the innovation of other similar nights which are more 'fashionable' and have bigger names..but for the rest...to be honest most of the nights that have been cancelled looked **** to me, average djs playing dodgy music you could hear in any high street club in the uk.

i mean that rock night in priveldge....looked awful...alex metric 'headlining'...expecting people to pay 25 euros to get in to see him...christ he played a freebie show in glasgow recently and from what i heard was maybe 30/40 people there (in cafe bar in arches).

wheat from the chaff would be a good descprition.

and personally the day judge jules doesn't get booked will be the best thing to happen to ibiza. benidorm / magaluf is calling for him.

The nights that have been cancelled have been more than made up for elsewhere. Ushuaia (as a large venue) hasn't been there more than 2 years and has taken a large chunk of the market. More like there is less room for underground nights to survive.

and personally the day judge jules doesn't get booked will be the best thing to happen to ibiza. benidorm / magaluf is calling for him.

I agree with everything else you say but disagree with this. I am not a fan of judge jules but the majority of his following are genuine clubbers who probably don't switch back and forth what music they like depending on what is popular.

I agree with everything else you say but disagree with this. I am not a fan of judge jules but the majority of his following are genuine clubbers who probably don't switch back and forth what music they like depending on what is popular.
perhaps your right...im being a bit too harsh...i know that as a person JJ is a very good guy, down to earth, and your right he does have a following & and who am i really to judge them....

but the kids of the future do need saving!:lol:

maybe over 25's only to see judge jules.:p

perhaps your right...im being a bit too harsh...i know that as a person JJ is a very good guy, down to earth, and your right he does have a following & and who am i really to judge them....

but the kids of the future do need saving!:lol:

maybe over 25's only to see judge jules.:p

There are far greater evils that the kids need saving from such as David Guetta. But how can we save them if they don't want to be saved?

Eden? Hmmm....

Bez, what do you know???

Going on people through the door alone, surely Eden is trouncing Es Paradis, no?

He is absolutely shocking. I'm still into my trance but there is no way on earth you would get me to Judgement Sunday. He should just retire and do one.

He is absolutely shocking. I'm still into my trance but there is no way on earth you would get me to Judgement Sunday. He should just retire and do one.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Judgement Sundays if you're into trance. I'm one of the Judge's biggest critics but the line ups at JS are always great and I had one of the best nights of my holiday in 2011. Not exactly the most glamorous of parties, but hey, since it's probably the 'harder' of the trance nights, it more than serves a purpose.

Ibiza will change in the next couple of years, no doubt, and there will be casualties along the way - maybe some high profile ones. In a way, I think it might be an exciting time for the island. I can see a lot of punters going to the island looking for something completely different, less high-profile and we could see the birth of a new breed of brands and parties. Necessity is the mother of invention and all that.

Back