Is it possible to get events work as a first-timer on the island?

Doorwall

Hey all, so I'm thinking of spending next summer in Ibiza. The obvious jobs would be bar work and repping and I'm fine to do all that if it's the only work going, but since Ibiza's a huge events spot and some of the superclubs have capacities similar to small festivals, I was wondering it's possible to get entry level work in event planning as well since I'd like to do something similar in the future. Don't expect it to be glamorous and would be more than up for lugging equipment around or fetching the coffee, but would just like to do something that I might get something out of for the future, since otherwise I'll feel a bit of guilt about not getting a proper job lol.

Also thinking about Croatia as well, with Hideout and Ultra, so if anyone has experience there or can recommend a group that'd be great too

23, EU citizen (Ireland), good with languages (native English, decent Spanish, and I use French and German at work during my winter job). Most of my past work experience has been in bartending

in short: yes, but if the planning/ organizational side is where you wanna end up, don't wait until you're in ibiza (or croatia for that matter) and contact the promoters that run the parties or the venues beforehand already.

in short: yes, but if the planning/ organizational side is where you wanna end up, don't wait until you're in ibiza (or croatia for that matter) and contact the promoters that run the parties or the venues beforehand already.
Thanks! - do you know which venues / promoters are most prominent and when the application window is?

They Will be open to suggestions next year.. just have to come up with the magic formula..

Back