ipod question

jjinit

have recently moved my utunes library to new pc, did it using ipod as harddrive then changing it back, was a successful proceedure all good. then spent a weekend just downloading a large chunk of my cd collection to the itunes library, approx 1600 songs. Now when I plug in ipod to get new songs it starts loading then stops saying "ipod cannot be synced as file not found"

any ideas??

your music is not sitting on your new pc hard drive - only a link to the source of it - ie your ipod.

it's definately not on the ipod, it's on the itunes library though

double click on one of the "missing files" - if it cant find it, you'll have to manually locate the files.

always best to move yr music to the place you want it stored on the HD, and then dragging em into itunes, otherwise it'll lose track of them.

double click on one of the "missing files" - if it cant find it, you'll have to manually locate the files.

always best to move yr music to the place you want it stored on the HD, and then dragging em into itunes, otherwise it'll lose track of them.

s'what I did. I think you're missing the point, the migration of itunes from one pc to another, via the ipod and then uploading of said music to said ipod was a success, the issue is that all music put onto itunes since the migration wont upload to ipod

the issue is that all music put onto itunes since the migration wont upload to ipod

thats cos it cant find it (see my original reply!) :rolleyes::lol:

did you by any chance copy the file name "itunes library" or something to that effect (as this is the file which "remembers" where the music files are)

Last edited by a moderator:
youre boring me now!!!

it wasnt even that complicated!!

basically, I have put music on my itunes, and the ipod wont sync to copy it!!!

what it cannot find is in the bloody itunes that it's already synced to!!!!

thats cos its "looking" for your OLD DRIVE. :lol:

unless your new comp and old comp are named the same, you'll have to start over (like i have to when i have a few days spare).

yes, have done all that in the process that took the music from old pc, stored on ipod and transferred to new pc, theres a process about halfway through that wipes out any memory of old pc, which i carried out.

Fixed it!!!!:p

Took it to apple shop, they re-installed the software, then plugged it in back home, ran the "scan & fix" programme on the external drive (ie the ipod) and

bingo we are back up & running!!!! :p

IPOD support

MY 80 G Ipod just stopped playing with ear buds and dock. I have read on forums that the problem could be the chip set. I followed the instructions and sure enough; when I press the lower right hand side near the click wheel the sound will come back on. The forum said Apple will replace the chip for free has anyone heard of this? My Ipod is out of warranty. Should I just get a new one or go for a repair?

Back