iPod Nano (6G) as watch?

Morbyd

I got the newest iPod Nano as a gift, along with a watchband holder, and have been trying it out this week.

It might be the height of geekiness. Slightly oversized but actually not bad on a man-sized wrist.

Could be the easiest way to carry around some music (how many times have you found yourself out somewhere and wished you had something to listen to?).

Downsides are that you've got to tap the "on" button to see the time, and you've got to charge the thing every couple of days. Also, nothing at all useful in this version of iPod besides the ability to play music and show photos (not even voice recorder)

One wonders why Apple didn't market it this way? Otherwise, this generation Nano is far inferior to the previous one (even with its fancy touchscreen).

Thoughts?

I need a new Ipod - my original Nano has died for good and I cant bear to listen to any more boring conversations on the train. Maybe I will get a watch :lol:

The one I have looks like this. Made of silicon and adds a little bit of bulk to the player
T-NANO6-2002F.jpg

But I've gone ahead and ordered a leather band just to see how that looks & works
51DcTDejR-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As for the iPad... I just don't get it. It's an oversized iPod touch. Nothing more!

I still find it weird seeing people on trains with the Ipad! Or those things that Amazon do - the book thing.....

Amazon Kindle. They've been selling a ton of those things.

My tablet PC object of desire is the Fujitsu T580. It's an inch longer than the iPad and twice as thick, but it's a convertible tablet so you can use it as a regular laptop or a tablet. And it has a full operating system, not one like iOS that was made for a phone and a music player. I've been thinking of getting myself one for my birthday but it costs 900-odd pounds so not cheap

Amazon Kindle. They've been selling a ton of those things.

My tablet PC object of desire is the Fujitsu T580. It's an inch longer than the iPad and twice as thick, but it's a convertible tablet so you can use it as a regular laptop or a tablet. And it has a full operating system, not one like iOS that was made for a phone and a music player.

Thats it, my brain is going these days :oops::lol::lol:

I look at tablets and say do I really need it or just want one because they are new. I keep trying to justify the purchase, but other than just wanting one I can't find a good reason.

Just took a walk down the road to the bank and used the watch-pod to listen to music for the first time.

Seems to work quite well. Quite nice to have as normally I wouldn't be carrying a music player around.

I think I'll give this idea a run :)

Just took a walk down the road to the bank and used the watch-pod to listen to music for the first time.

Seems to work quite well. Quite nice to have as normally I wouldn't be carrying a music player around.

I think I'll give this idea a run :)

The nano watch seems like it would be good for standing in lines or shopping and such

Yes, you've got to attach headphones.

**now wonders if there's some cool wireless headphone doohickey I could find**

I've got this pair of retractable wire headphones so easy to unplug and stick back in my coat pocket when not in use.
img90018m.jpg

Yes, you've got to attach headphones.

**now wonders if there's some cool wireless headphone doohickey I could find**

I've got this pair of retractable wire headphones so easy to unplug and stick back in my coat pocket when not in use.
img90018m.jpg

you are selling me on the nano

I saw those iPods - they look really nice. 8)

Just got a new Macbook Pro

Love the fastness, looks great, allows me to make progress with creative projects I've been putting off for aeons.

But ultimately:

LANDFILL.

Do these gadgets improve the quality of existence?

Naah - they just create more distraction from what's really going on.

Back