Ios...What's So Special?

Rebecca G

Okay...so a few people have been telling me about Ios and I'm curious to know everyone's opinion. Is it an island for the "just turned 18" crowd? I keep visualizing a bunch of kids that (don't know how to drink) throwing up on my feet. :spank:

Is it only happening in July/August? I just want to know what's special about this place.

Thanks!

Becca

Okay...so a few people have been telling me about Ios and I'm curious to know everyone's opinion. Is it an island for the "just turned 18" crowd? I keep visualizing a bunch of kids that (don't know how to drink) throwing up on my feet. :spank:

Is it only happening in July/August? I just want to know what's special about this place.

Thanks!

Becca

Isles of Scilly?

There's nothing special there...ordinary Greek island,it's just marketed to the US with all that implies,think spring break with Ouzo!

Much better islands to go to if you don't want that sort of scene.

Thanks!

Becca

Ios is a nice little island.
Mykonos fits the 'just turned 18' description a little better.
Ios is not so much the party destination (although I thought it was cranking when i went there a few years ago).

It's not as boring as Santorini.

So think somewhere between Mykonos and Santorini in terms of party value.

Ios is much like any other tourist destination. It has its peak season and low season. If you are visiting any of the other greek islands I think iOS is with a visit.

Back