Insomnia

Funny. MadWhiteGiant just had a similar comment on FB.

I managed to doze off on the sofa after dinner (was up very early Friday morning, also insomnia), around 11ish I guess. Woke up at 3:30-4 and haven't gotten back to sleep yet. Now 9:30am!

Worst part is I was supposed to meet some friends to go see Sander Kleinenberg around 1ish. :confused:

Funny. MadWhiteGiant just had a similar comment on FB.

I managed to doze off on the sofa after dinner (was up very early Friday morning, also insomnia), around 11ish I guess. Woke up at 3:30-4 and haven't gotten back to sleep yet. Now 9:30am!

Worst part is I was supposed to meet some friends to go see Sander Kleinenberg around 1ish. :confused:

Not sure if mine is excitement at waiting until it's light before going for my first run with new running watch:lol:

You need to make up for your missed appointment tonight, party twice as hard, Morbs :)

Ha ha... no, can't get too wild. Need to keep the body in decent shape. Although Todd Terry is in town at the opening of a new club tonight :idea:

I'm guessing part of my problem is excitement/anxiety about the trip this coming week. I've not been sleeping right all this past week, really. 5 days left now!

I'm guessing part of my problem is excitement/anxiety about the trip this coming week. I've not been sleeping right all this past week, really. 5 days left now!

Blimey, just had to go back and check your thread, can't believe it has come around so quickly!

That's an epic trip ahead, looking forward to the photo / video diary8)

Won't make it very far if I don't sleep :lol:

As for today, now there's that dilemma. It's 10:15 and I've been up half the night. If I go back to sleep now, I'll sleep into the afternoon and won't get things done today. If I stay up, I'll doze off later and miss another evening out (and probably wake up too early again!)

:(

What's your plan?

Won't make it very far if I don't sleep :lol:

As for today, now there's that dilemma. It's 10:15 and I've been up half the night. If I go back to sleep now, I'll sleep into the afternoon and won't get things done today. If I stay up, I'll doze off later and miss another evening out (and probably wake up too early again!)

:(

What's your plan?

My enthusiasm for running has gone downhill with every passing ten minutes! Going to try and get an hour of sleep now, then out for a run. Thankfully I don't have the Tod Terry dilemma!

Your sensible option would be to power through until early evening and then have a great big sleep until tomorrow? Personally I would be conserving all energy for the little hill ( ;) ) walk!!

It is. Do you know the natural sleep cycle is 4 hours? Which is why many people (like myself) often wake in the middle of the night and find it hard to get back. You're effectively trying to stitch two cycles together... My best advice is to keep both a book and a music device with a timed off beside your bed.

I read an article about that around a week ago. Strangely enough, that's more or less what I've been doing for the past week! I must have subconsciously decided that's a good idea :lol:

I went back to bed for an hour, didn't sleep a wink, have got a load of work done and had a 10km run, power to insomnia:D Might be in bother later when I am supposed to be cooking wifeys b'day meal and I am zzzzzzzzzzzz.

As an aside, a very highly recommended work of fiction on the subject;

"House of Sleep" - Jonathan Coe

A very very good read, in my top ten fiction books!

I have been sleeping really well since the begining of March. That coincides with me ditching the booze 3 1/2 weeks ago!!:) :)().

If you like it, do it. If you dont like it, do it, you might like it.

Back