Info on Resort -- Es Pueto @ Aldea Bonsai?

arexniba

Hey everyone,

I'm a 1st time traveler to Ibiza. Going with a little crew. Thought I might as well stay in a resort as opposed to a hotel/apartment over there.

Anyways, I have time share. So the resort that is convenient for the week I am going in September is called Es Pueto at Aldea Bonsai.

If you Google it, you won't find too much info as it's a time share resort.

Have any of you gone? Pics of it look nice, but the interior--furniture--looks kinda old. Not modern looking at all... :x
It's a pretty good deal for us...$900+ for 7 days.

Thanks
317911_10150886487976778_1559083903_n.jpg

317968_10150886488111778_1654128767_n.jpg

P.S. Unfortunately, it's 1bedroom, but comfortable for up to 4 people. I'll ask resort if they can get a double in there.
photo.php

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few reviews on tripadvisor...

Yes, I have done research on that site, however, it seems about 1-2 people really posted reviews about that spot.
It looks like there are other Aldea Bonsai's out there too.

Can anyone guide me about this?

Or at least tell me about the location and distance from other spots (ie Bora Bora).

Well, the website says it's a short walk from Santa Eulalia beach, so I'm guessing it's in... wait for it... Santa Eulalia!
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/santa_eulalia_i.htm

Santa Eulalia is the third largest city on the island. A good number of nice restaurants and bars there, and some more very nice beaches to the north.

It's about a 20 minute drive from there to Playa den Bossa (where Bora Bora, Ushuaia, etc. are). 15 minutes to Ibiza Town or Pacha.

Excited to come visit you out there mate !!! Never been to Santa Eulalia looks really chilled out and nice.

@ Morbyd
Haha, thanks dude. I've just never been. So it's one thing to read a description of the place via some sites, but I'd rather hear/read people's actual experiences if they've ever been around.

@dave
haha, can't wait too bud! Diet, workout, diet, workout & REPEAT!
Gotta look fly for the ladies!

BTW: I'm thinking since we're more than likely staying at the resort, that I'll bring some hookahs. Chill time for when I'm smashed...it's always a good relaxer.
((not trying to change convo)) But are there hookahs aka "shishas" on the island?

There are some places around.

Kumharas in the San Antonio Bay area has them, although the one time I tried the hookah guy had gone home early for the night :confused: Also a good place to watch the sun set.

There are some places around.

Kumharas in the San Antonio Bay area has them, although the one time I tried the hookah guy had gone home early for the night :confused: Also a good place to watch the sun set.

Awesome! If I catch any Ibiza-Spotlight folks over there, then you're more than welcome to join me :D

The hotel is / was a 4 ish star time-share resort, It`s a nice place but not sure if it would be too suitable for " A bunch of guys"
As for location, It is just outside Santa Eulalia, easy walking distance toBar`s / bus`s / Taxi`s but again, Santa Eulalia is very nice but not that suitable if you are up for a mad one :D

Have a good one
Tim

The hotel is / was a 4 ish star time-share resort, It`s a nice place but not sure if it would be too suitable for " A bunch of guys"
As for location, It is just outside Santa Eulalia, easy walking distance toBar`s / bus`s / Taxi`s but again, Santa Eulalia is very nice but not that suitable if you are up for a mad one :D

Have a good one
Tim

Tim, please tell me more??
This is the type of info. I need (insider information) :D

Even the crazy girl I was supposed to go with last year said that I should stay near Bora Bora because it's more lively. I was just thinking to myself that I don't want this to be too much like a Vegas trip. I've gone there with friends and the environment was so nuts that after 3 days we just had no energy. I want to actually be able to enjoy the scene, beaches, and remember the next day by getting "some" sleep, lol.

Tim, please tell me more??
This is the type of info. I need (insider information) :D

Even the crazy girl I was supposed to go with last year said that I should stay near Bora Bora because it's more lively. I was just thinking to myself that I don't want this to be too much like a Vegas trip. I've gone there with friends and the environment was so nuts that after 3 days we just had no energy. I want to actually be able to enjoy the scene, beaches, and remember the next day by getting "some" sleep, lol.

The resort looked nice on our last visit, more up market than san an/pdb (not hard?). There's a nice promenade, with a harbour with posh boats at one end, with up market restaurants around it. Then cheaper but decent enough food places towards the right as you look at the sea. The beach/sand was quite good. If you walk right to end of the beach, away from harbour, climb over some rocks, there's a nice beach with a chilled bar.

To highlight what kind of resort it is, and whether its suitable for a group of lads, my in-laws stay there when visiting 8)

The resort looked nice on our last visit, more up market than san an/pdb (not hard?). There's a nice promenade, with a harbour with posh boats at one end, with up market restaurants around it. Then cheaper but decent enough food places towards the right as you look at the sea. The beach/sand was quite good. If you walk right to end of the beach, away from harbour, climb over some rocks, there's a nice beach with a chilled bar.

To highlight what kind of resort it is, and whether its suitable for a group of lads, my in-laws stay there when visiting 8)

Lol, well this is definitely the type of info. I was looking for. I want something chill, but not that chill. I'm still in my 20's, so as much as I love the wisdom of the elders, it's somewhere that I don't want to be partying by...haha disrespectful.

I'll definitely be looking into Playa de'n bossa again. Maybe, San An. but I heard it's best to go to PDB for 1st time.

Have a look around Es Vive/Figuretas. 20 mins walk to PdB but quiet enough to be able to chill out/sleep.

Ya I figured. But from others comments and insights, it seems like as a 1st timer that it'd be better to stay around PDB. If I get really messed up, I'm pretty sure I'll knock out like a baby and the noises around won't disturb me :D

Ya I figured. But from others comments and insights, it seems like as a 1st timer that it'd be better to stay around PDB. If I get really messed up, I'm pretty sure I'll knock out like a baby and the noises around won't disturb me :D
My partner and I stayed in PDB for the first time this year for the opening parties, usually stay in san an, and I can honestly say my sleep was disturbed by either music/clubbers or the being under the flight path. We stayed just behind the main drag (behind FMIF shop), also not far from the street where Sankeys and a few pre-club bars are.

Enjoyed PDB alot more than I anticipated 8)

My partner and I stayed in PDB for the first time this year for the opening parties, usually stay in san an, and I can honestly say my sleep was disturbed by either music/clubbers or the being under the flight path. We stayed just behind the main drag (behind FMIF shop), also not far from the street where Sankeys and a few pre-club bars are.

Enjoyed PDB alot more than I anticipated 8)

Thanks for your insight too.
I'm definitely considering PDB now. So, it's 1/2 and 1/2 at this moment as far as where we'll be staying. :rolleyes:

UPDATE:

So, I definitely won't be staying at this place. Looks nice, but after FINALLY finding some reviews, it seemed the consensus was in the middle. And since I know Spanish fluently, I was able to make out what this one review was about in Italian. Basically the guy didn't like it.

And I found this TimeShare website and noticed a woman was inquiring about the resort in 2010. Saw that she was last on about 4mo. ago, so I took a leap of faith and wrote to her hoping for a response back...and I did :)

Hi - the place is exactly as you see in the pics on the website. It's dated, but OK. I would not say it was good if you wanted nightlife as this is mostly in Ibiza Town. We enjoyed Santa Eulalia, but we are a lot older then you and prefer to go to nice restaurants and have a drink afterwards. Normally in bed by 1.00am. The resort is not all timeshare and there are many owners. There is a good forum on TripAdvisor for this area and I am sure you will get answers to your questions there. There are music pubs/clubs but not what you would describe as late night/early morning places. Hope this helps. Santa Eulalia is a lovely resort and Ibiza Town is not that far, but it could be costly to get a taxi.

So, just like another member said above, it definitely sounds like an area for older people. From that spot to PDB it's 25min by car, and walking it's 3hrs. Lol, something I definitely don't plan on.
Now, doing last minute research on hotels, apartments, and villas. Let's see what happens :lol:

Back