In Manchester for weekend

nickyj

Any suggestions for Saturday night out in Manchester. Ideally a bar with decent tunes and catering for over 25 if this at all exists. Also been looking at reviews for Sankeys and they don't look great anyone been lately ??

Was at Sankeys a few weeks ago (end May) and had a good night, great club with a decent vibe. Overall loved the whole Manchester experience and will definitely be having nights out there in future. Hard to excuse not going to Sankeys if you are in Manchester.

Sankeys is the best club in Manc, go for it.

Drink in the Northern Quarter, specifically Common, Cord, Trof and Odd bar.

You wont go wrong!

Sankeys Lineup for Saturday
Ellesse, Ekkohaus, Darius Syrossian, Jozef K. Treehouse - Mic Newman, Plastic Co. and Jay Smith.

All depends on what sort of music you like really.

Sankeys is the best club in Manc, go for it.

Drink in the Northern Quarter, specifically Common, Cord, Trof and Odd bar.

You wont go wrong!

But you will have to book, don't make mistake of thinking you can stroll in.

Room on King street also good food/drinks

Thanks everyone - had a look on web at suggestions and they do look good !
TBH I am the one that loves deep hard house whereas the others are not really into it, hence they didn't come to Ibiza :)) But if Sankey's is def not one to miss might be able to persuade them for a few hours. ;)

Any suggestions for Saturday night out in Manchester. Ideally a bar with decent tunes and catering for over 25 if this at all exists. Also been looking at reviews for Sankeys and they don't look great anyone been lately ??

There's a great place called the 'Train Station'. Brilliant vibe, great crowd..Right in the centre of things!

Once inside, go to a little place called Platform 3...and step on the next available train.

Then while away the next couple of hours while supping on a Stella until you reach the real party city.

Birmingham.

There's a great place called the 'Train Station'. Brilliant vibe, great crowd..Right in the centre of things!

Once inside, go to a little place called Platform 3...and step on the next available train.

Then while away the next couple of hours while supping on a Stella until you reach the real party city.

Birmingham.

:lol: - just back from there .. how's the hurricane season going Mr Mambo ? Was in Jost van Dyke last December .. flipping loved it.

:lol: - just back from there .. how's the hurricane season going Mr Mambo ? Was in Jost van Dyke last December .. flipping loved it.

Can't beat a bit of Jost...was at the soggy dollar bar for a mates stag do last weekend. Then on to the Willy T. Carnage haha

Hurricane season is pretty quiet at the mo, but its VERY warm which signals an active season. Normally August and September are the most active months...batten down the hatches lol.

Were you on holiday in Jost or just island hopping?

Can't beat a bit of Jost...was at the soggy dollar bar for a mates stag do last weekend. Then on to the Willy T. Carnage haha

Had lunch at Willy T - did you ignore the signs and jump anyway ? White Bay's great .. (almost) remember great BBQ @ Ivan's with far too many Painkillers to mention ...

Hope the Hurricane Season's not as lively as last year ..

Were you on holiday in Jost or just island hopping?

Bit of both. Came in via Vieques (cool !). Powerboat for 4 days .. picked up West End / cruised St John & ended up on Jost at sundown for 2 night stay (Gt Harbour). Cruised out 2 days from there to Sandy Spit/North Shore, Great/Little Tobago, Caves/Indians, Guana etc. etc. then last day cruised over to Camanoes, VG Baths, Eustatia Sound, Saba Rock (lunch), Necker and dropped back at Beef Is for a flt out to catch a Saturday night in Old San Juan. Loved every minute of it but Jost really somewhere special - wish I'd stayed longer there.

Had lunch at Willy T - did you ignore the signs and jump anyway ? White Bay's great .. (almost) remember great BBQ @ Ivan's with far too many Painkillers to mention ...

Hope the Hurricane Season's not as lively as last year ..

Bit of both. Came in via Vieques (cool !). Powerboat for 4 days .. picked up West End / cruised St John & ended up on Jost at sundown for 2 night stay (Gt Harbour). Cruised out 2 days from there to Sandy Spit/North Shore, Great/Little Tobago, Caves/Indians, Guana etc. etc. then last day cruised over to Camanoes, VG Baths, Eustatia Sound, Saba Rock (lunch), Necker and dropped back at Beef Is for a flt out to catch a Saturday night in Old San Juan. Loved every minute of it but Jost really somewhere special - wish I'd stayed longer there.

Seriously, I have friends who've been living here for 10 plus years who haven't been to all the places you managed to get to!!

Stayed on Guana a few weeks ago with the wife - outstanding. Also managed to have lunch with Branson on Necker last year which was superb. Unlimited pink champagne...and the food was (as would be expected) top notch.

Love Old San Juan, we go there at least a couple of times a year to get off the rock..condado is really nice too. Caves, Indians great snorkelling and great diving in that area too.

Good to hear from someone who has visited these small islands!!

Had lunch at Willy T - did you ignore the signs and jump anyway ?

Some of us did. Actually sat next to a collegue as we speak who is still in agony. Another collegue thought it would be funny to push him off, but he smacked his leg off the side of the boat and got it in a right mess. He was limping for a week and was NOT amused...haha

Some of us did. Actually sat next to a collegue as we speak who is still in agony. Another collegue thought it would be funny to push him off, but he smacked his leg off the side of the boat and got it in a right mess. He was limping for a week and was NOT amused...haha

Oops - :lol:

Seriously, I have friends who've been living here for 10 plus years who haven't been to all the places you managed to get to!!

Never f**k about on my trips !

Stayed on Guana a few weeks ago with the wife - outstanding. Also managed to have lunch with Branson on Necker last year which was superb. Unlimited pink champagne...and the food was (as would be expected) top notch.

I'll have to look you up next time by the sounds of it :p

Love Old San Juan, we go there at least a couple of times a year to get off the rock..

Such a great vibe !

Caves, Indians great snorkelling and great diving in that area too.

Great this too ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/103Alex1#p/a/u/1/pDOKpbRZPZI

Good to hear from someone who has visited these small islands!!

Wish I was there 8) ! We've probably hijacked the thread here .. sorry ! We should set up a 'Seriously Easy Going' thread instead ? :D

Yeah sorry for the hijack.

GREAT video, was that you? I hope you cooked it up for dinner that night :D

No, that's Adam - father of Foxy's daughter's kids who fishes for a living.. I rarely if ever appear on film. We caught a great deal that day from many different sites, sustainably !! Think that one was cooked up by a nice lady at Sugar 'n' Spice by the ferry dock, whose son was my boat captain - mine was considerably larger :D

Back