iceland

The Conductor

i do appreciate this is about as far from ibiza as one can imagine :lol: but i was hoping one of the well travelled members of this board might have been and can help....

i would be going to rejkavik (sp), arriving late at night on the sunday, there all day monday, then leaving late morning on the tuesday.

will i be able to see guysiers (sp) natural springs etc in my 1 day?

i have looked at a few tour operators but none are giving me the right answers :confused:

is it costly to get from l'aeroport to the actual city??

mucho appreciated :)

i do appreciate this is about as far from ibiza as one can imagine :lol: but i was hoping one of the well travelled members of this board might have been and can help....

i would be going to rejkavik (sp), arriving late at night on the sunday, there all day monday, then leaving late morning on the tuesday.

will i be able to see guysiers (sp) natural springs etc in my 1 day?

i have looked at a few tour operators but none are giving me the right answers :confused:

is it costly to get from l'aeroport to the actual city??

mucho appreciated :)

Its costly full stop.

One of our guys here met an Icelandic lady and he went over there to work - at the time I remember him coming back with "Holy Sh*t"!!!! £6 for half a lager!!"

Other than that - I have no information to pass to you......:lol::lol::lol:

I've been to Iceland. I'm not sure how much transfer from airport to Reykjavik is as our transport was arranged for us - the journey took about 40 mins tho, the airport really is in the middle of nowhere.

The Geysirs are about an hour away from Reykjavik so perfectly fine to do in one day. We also spent a day at the Blue Lagoon which was amazing and also spent a day skidooing.

As PL said, it is a very expensive country as everything has to be imported in. I was taken on a work jolly so didn't pay for anything but I remember that a bottle of house wine was £50+. People tend to go out really late as it is so expensive, so drink at home and then head out post-midnight.

Hope that helps.

thats great. thanks very much

did you see the midnight sun? dso you remember what time of year you went?

was the night life decent?

whats this? :lol: :oops:

We went in February, it wasn't daylight all the time then, we did see the Northern Lights altho I think you may be a bit too alte for them.

The nightlife is ok but like I said very expensive and doesn't get going til late, we went to Damon Albarn's bar/club called Kaffinbarinn (sp??) If you look fish the restaurants are amazing.

Skidooing is this
Skidooing10.JPG

booked it, packed it, f*cked off :D

just need to get a hotel sorted now....

the rooms at the blue lagoon look good, did you stay there or just Barbie?

Back