Ibiza Virgin!

tigercath75

As the title states, I am a 32 Ibiza virgin! Myself and a group of mates are staying in San Antonio Bay Thurs 31st July leaving Sun 3rd Aug, so we don't have long to exprience all that Ibiza has to offer.
Anyway, I will get straight to the point, we are planning on getting tickets for Wonderland on the 1st Aug, but we are at a loss of what to do the Thurs and the Sat nights. It is one of ours birthdays on the Thurs so it would be good to celebrate that in stlye - maybe Cafe De Mar? Cafe Mambo? Or Kumharas?
Also, where would you recommend for pre-club entertainment? There's so much choice that it would be nice to hear what you guys do, what hot/not etc..!!
Thanks
Catherine

Hi Catherine, I'd say if your staying in San An Bay (that's where I stay) Wonderland at Eden will be a great night to start with, I've not been to Wonderland but it sounds good and I like Pete Tong, it's also walking distance from the bay (depending on how far out your staying) so really handy. I'd suggest Cream at Amnesia on Thur or FMIF at Pacha, both not too far in a taxi or you can use the disco bus. You could go to sunset strip for a chilled afternoon/evening and watch the sunset for your mates bday too, I've not been to Kumharas but heard its good, l'elephant is a gorgeous restaurant if you want somewhere super fancy (and expensive to eat), its a taxi ride inbetween San An and Ibiza town. For Sat night it's bit more difficult, I'm going to Hed Kandi at El Divino but I've read a few bad threads on here about it being super busy and miserable staff but there are no other nights on a sat that I fancy, if I were you I'd prob go to a club night on the Thur and use the Sat for a chilled one on sunset strip, in terms of pre-club bars, aside from having a few supermarket drinks in your hotel room to start the night off to save a few pennies for the clubs, in San An I'd suggest sunset strip (if you walk futher past mambo, cafe del mar etc to the right and round a corner, about 5-10mins there are two other places as well, one owned by Judge Jules' brother and another, can't remember the names), Plastik (right by Eden), Bar M, The Beach Club (all on the walk from bay into main San An area so not hard to find). To be honest you'll have a great time wherever you go, I'd just steer away from the West End area (inbetween the bay and sunset strip by the harbour) as it's where the teens usually are and not to be rude to anyon on here but also where you'll find the fat pale english guys spilling their pints, everything that beautiful ibiza is not! x

Oh yes DEFINATELY, sounds great! I'd do Pacha or just bars and fancy meal for your mates bday on the Thur then and then Radio 1 at Amnesia on the Sat, wish there was something like that on when I'm there, although it'll be busy so don't get there too late.:)

Thanks guys!

Have thought about going to the radio 1 thingy on Sat night. Looks like there is a good line up. Can't believe I am actually going...! Thanks also for the advice about where to go for pre-club entertainment.
Catherine

I trudged to Kumharas today and it was closed, just seen McRacken's sig ;-(

Although having said that I wandered in an hour later (gate was unlocked) but no one was around. hmm maybe it just opens later than it used to..

I like it in there, oh well, next year!

The Beach Club near Bar M etc is now Linekers! Argh! Discovered it last year literally an hour before our flight home and loved it. Great loud chunky techno and cheap drinks. Linekers seems cheesy and peasy, but I haven't been in I must admit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I trudged to Kumharas today and it was closed, just seen McRacken's sig ;-(

Although having said that I wandered in an hour later (gate was unlocked) but no one was around. hmm maybe it just opens later than it used to..

I like it in there, oh well, next year!

The Beach Club near Bar M etc is now Linekers! Argh! Discovered it last year literally an hour before our flight home and loved it. Great loud chunky techno and cheap drinks. Linekers seems cheesy and peasy, but I haven't been in I must admit!

shizen, my first year staying in the Bay and we have a Linekers pub!!! :spank:

Beach Club is now Linekar's??? Oh no, did that change after last season then as I was in Beach Club last year in July. Has anyone been there this season, I have to say I really don't like the sound of Linekar's as they've got them all round the Canaries and they are pretty cheesy and naff. I met Richard Blackwood last year in Beach Club and enjoyed cheap-er drinks and great music, I'm gutted it's gone! :cry:

Back