Ibiza today, well the 7th Jan any year!

JPF

Hi

Today next year will be my 50th Birthday.

Since 2020, have heading towards 20 trips to Ibiza in the months of June, July & Sept.

Last couple of years before Covid, started having hols in mainland Spain. Wanted to see a bit more, and not being as young as I was couldn't hack much more all night clubbing and the ever risings costs.

As long as Covid isn't being a pain, would love to be in Ibiza the day I turn 50. The island holds so many special memories, it would mean a lot to me.

I notice today, UD Ibiza football team posted a pic of frost on the pitch, but an hour ago Cafe Del Mar live stream was up at 18c.

Looking at historical weather forecasts this time of the year can be very hit and miss.

Me & the missus love walking, and those 30c post clubbing days would never allow us to do that.

What would Ibiza Town normally be like this time of year. I take it lots of nice restaurants would be open for the locals, along with enough bars for a sensible night out - some playing some good tunes?

What are thoughts who live out there, what would I expect and enjoy at the rotten time of the year!

hi @JPF sorry for delay on this. I was busy when you posted this originally.

okay so, if you've never been to ibiza in winter, be aware to experience a completely different - but IMO beautiful - island than in summer. it really is very quiet...

as for where to stay, currently I'd probably choose santa eularia over ibiza town for a stay at that time of the year. IMO it's the place that in the winter months looks & feels least 'dead'. I love ibiza town in winter, but people that aren't used to seeing it THAT quiet are sometimes surprised/disappointed because they expect more things open.

that said, of course you should include a visit to town and since your 50th falls on a saturday (I just checked), you should be lucky and indeed there will be bars and maybe a few of the smaller venues open with events. also because you just hit the day after january 6 - día de reyes - which is an important holiday in spain. so on that whole weekend, from the 5 to the 8 of jan 2023 there will be stuff going on. keep in mind though that a lot of businesses (shops) will be shut on 6 jan because of the holiday.

weather-wise you can really get anything from almost 20ºC in the day and sunshine to a grey and rainy day with a high of 10ºC. it's unpredictable. certainly though, at night it's cool and the humidity we have here makes it feel colder than it is, so bring a proper jacket! layers is the secret here...it's cold in the morning and then (when you have a sunny day) it suddenly gets warm around noon and then it drops again quickly mid-afternoon.

what else - my usual winter suggestions: a rental car is a must, go exploring, do hikes, nice lunches in the sun if you've got good weather and if not, nice dinners close to an open fire somewhere (I can give you recommendations for that closer to the date). and enjoy the greenest ibiza you've ever seen - the nature is at its prettiest in the middle of the winter!

Back