Ibiza Taxis

When does the summer pricing usually begin? Currently paying some very reasonable prices for taxis on the island.

When does the summer pricing usually begin? Currently paying some very reasonable prices for taxis on the island.
All the year are the same prices but its expected to be a raise on the prices from may, i dont know yet how much the raise will be, maybe 4%

Ouch 🤕

Ugh! Are they also going to dish out more taxi licences! Always a shortage on taxis every year

Ouch 🤕

It’s wild that some countries don’t have Uber yet.

Does anyone recommend a taxi company to get 12 of us from Port torent San An to Playa den bossa?
Minibus, or 4 taxi's for 4 people is the idea.

Cheers!

It’s wild that some countries don’t have Uber yet.

The taxi lobby where I live is very well organised. The latest thing is illegal cars operating out of the airport and most people would take the licensed drivers' side in that battle. The problem is they can get away with inflated fares because of their monopoly. The issue with Uber for me is that they're not as cheap as they make out and there is the risk of exploited, burnt out, unregulated drivers who don't always know the backstreet shortcuts

I’m finding taxis still easy enough to get but they are about double the price of what I was paying December to March.
Ugh! Sucks they are more people expensive now

Did you use the app or flag one down?

At least easier to get I suppose I remember last year could not get a taxi and had to walk from figueratas to hi

I’m finding taxis still easy enough to get but they are about double the price of what I was paying December to March.
The prices didnt change since last year and even in 2 years the price increased by 10% not 100%

Last edited:
The taxi lobby where I live is very well organised. The latest thing is illegal cars operating out of the airport and most people would take the licensed drivers' side in that battle. The problem is they can get away with inflated fares because of their monopoly. The issue with Uber for me is that they're not as cheap as they make out and there is the risk of exploited, burnt out, unregulated drivers who don't always know the backstreet shortcuts
Unions rarely benefit anyone but the union.

Where I live at least, none of those concerns apply. The Uber experience is far better than legacy taxis. Better cars, better drivers, same or cheaper pricing, way easier to hail a cab and way faster. It’s a shame some places won’t let the customer decide.

Back