IBIZA IN OCT & WHICH RESORT ??

DollyPolly44

I'm thinking of going back to Ibiza with my mum for a 4/5 night stay mid October and just wanted advice on the weather & which resort would be best to stay in ??I'm just back from San An Bay with my husband and we stayed in the Marina Playa apartments which we love but fancied somewhere different 4 a relaxing break with my mum :)

We don't want to go somewhere that's totally dead so any info would be great,was thinking of Santa Eulalia/Es cana or maybe Talamanca,we like a nice beach too !!!Will the weather be sunbathing material around this time 15th-19th possibly and are any main beach clubs/bars open ??Any good apartment/hotel suggestions also,we don't have a massive budget,thanks 4 any advice :p

Too early to predict the weather,it was coldish in May,windy-stormy in second half of August,anything could happen!
I'm on the island for the 2nd half of October and hoping for an indian summer.....do they still happen?
I would go for the best deal you find that you fancy,all the places you mention will be mostly open.

Thanks guys,depends if we can get cheap flights last min :) still not sure which resort !!!??
I was looking at the Catalonia Ses Estaques in Santa Eulalia any thoughts on this resort/hotel ??

Which hotels or apartments are nice in Talamanca??Sorry for the ton of questions lol !!!

Ses Estaques should be calm and relaxing (be sure to take a pastel cardie) about 10 minutes walk on the prom and passing the marina into the centre of town.

In Talamanca the Lux Isla,Victoria and Ses Figueres hotels are probably the most reasonably priced.
The Ses Figueres has the best position,right on the beach. You can see all these in the hotels section on this site.

i would go for the best deal you can find.i;ve got 11 nights a/i in oct for 3 less than £1150.not been in oct for 2 years.and yes it can be like a indian summer.but chilly at night.nice time to go people are more relaxed and shops and bars have more time to chat with you.as they are after every last euro they can get.you will find though which ever resort you go to each day a bar will close as numbers drop of.

Thanks 4 info,my brain is frazzled lol,I still love San an & the bay as I'm just used to it there & know good places to eat etc,will it be a strange ghost town mid/end Oct ??I'm just back so think it might be kind of silly to go back there instead of trying somewhere different !!!The Blau Park & flights worked out at about £240 each for 4 nights ??Hmmmmmmm

pinkphather bar and a few more will still be open.we are talking about the last week in oct that most start to close.

DP44, if you're still hesitant about leaving the San An area then Blau Parc is a good choice.
It will be quiet but still plenty of places open,the Golden Buddha just next door is always worth a punt....

Thanks 4 info,my brain is frazzled lol,I still love San an & the bay as I'm just used to it there & know good places to eat etc,will it be a strange ghost town mid/end Oct ??I'm just back so think it might be kind of silly to go back there instead of trying somewhere different !!!The Blau Park & flights worked out at about £240 each for 4 nights ??Hmmmmmmm

Jeepers, that much ?

Ive found/priced up Man-Ibz with jet2 17/10 1525hrs then return Sun 20/10 with Ryanair 1030 depart. Plus hire car and decent hotel = £110 each!!!!!!! (okay, thats 3 nights and I dont know which airport you go from?)

............................................................................problem is, they wnt let me take time off work because of a 4 hour window of minimum staff being too low:evil::twisted::mad:

Got booked up & arrived Wed 16th until 23rd yaaay :) staying in San An in the Blau Park !!!Anything good happening that week ??My mum would be quite happy in a wee bar with some live music/karaoke/x-factor lol any info mucho appreciated !!Its goni be super weird 4 me being there when its quiet !!!What is the temp like at night right now ??

When i left on Sunday it was 29 degrees!!! Checked out of the hotel and hired a bike and went off to Sunset Ashram to lie on the sand all day.... As you can imagine i was over the moon to have to be leaving for the airport at 5:30pm.... :(

Ooooh thats hot :):) are Sunset Ashram closing on Friday/full moon party,is it worth going there 4 dinner & sunset with my mum or is it better to sunbathe there all day ???I've never been before myself!!

of course it's worth... you can sunbathe all afternoon and then do dinner + sunset!

SUNSET ASHRAM said:
Prepare to celebrate the closing on Friday 18th with the full mon and the Dj's
17h Daniel
19h D,Jamal
21h Ramón Castells
23h Max Lanfranconi

Thanks for your appreciation for this summer.
Hugs
Manel Aragones

I sadly did not get my time off from work. Maybe a blessing (financially) in disguise but some of the parties that weekend look fantastic. Have you seen the El Chinguurito line up at Es Cavellet?
Hope you have a great time :)
P

Oooh I haven't seen the lineup for El Chiringuito,who is playing,times etc,is it near Ibiza town??I might need to convince my mum lol,what else is on this weekend ??Its sooooo hot right now !!!!

It is on Es Cavellet beach, there isw bus that goes from Ibz Town to Es Cavellet and Salinas (they are next to each other) but not sure what time of year it stops. You would probably need to taxi back though.

forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/el-chiringuito-closing-party-19th-october-2013.69792/

Back