Ibiza in late December

Snowy

Exactly how miserable is it on Ibiza in the week between Christmas and New Year? What can we expect of night clubs and other activities?

The reason I'm asking is because it's expensive for me to travel to anywhere really warm (like the Canary Islands), whilst plane tickets to Ibiza are rather reasonable that time of year.

Interested to hear the responses … we have just booked 27-31 Dec in Amsterdam as expecting at least some life there

in 20 years I haven't ever felt that it's 'miserable' in ibiza, but…

- if you have never been to ibiza out of season you might feel it's dead. don't even think you'd see pdb or san an busy
- in ibiza town and in santa eulalia you will find things open and some atmosphere. and plaza de parque in i town is always a good spot to have a few drinks and meet people
- the weather daytime can be anything from 12 degrees and rainy up to 20 and sunny (with people sunbathing and people like me swimming). in the evening it will feel cold because of the humidity. so even if it's 8 degrees or so, bring a proper jacket and a scarf
- as for events, nothing is confirmed or officially announced yet, but there is a good chance some venues will hold parties between the 24th and the 2nd. candidates are: eden, octan, lío (who already run events now), dc10 (on nyd usually) and maybe even amnesia and/or pacha might do something on NYE (they have done so in the past)

as for other activities, hiking and mountainbiking (e-bike if you want) is fantastic in winter

Thanks for the replies.

I was in San An in June this year, before things started opening up. I rather liked the peace and quiet. :rolleyes: But next time I would like to go to a party.

This could actually work.

I am seriously thinking to book for 30 Dec - 3 Jan
I am just super scared that party will be cancelled due to covid potential new rules etc...

Any feeling on this one? Ibiza will be more strict in the coming week you think?

I am booked for nyd dc10, I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, I am holding out for it

It will depend on covid situation, its not too bad at the moment and they haven't announced any clubs in ibiza having to close or even in spain at the moment, Spain are bit behind the other countries in europe in Cases

Fingers crossed that dc10 will go ahead and there won't be restrictions...24 days and counting!

Interested to hear the responses … we have just booked 27-31 Dec in Amsterdam as expecting at least some life there
I'm afraid there's no life here in Amsterdam.
Since the government is postponing 2G to January the so called 'evening lockdown' will be extended...
Everyone is expecting no Xmas or NYE parties. All shops, bars, restaurants close at 17:00 pm and events are banned.

I won't be travelling to Ibiza after all. The problem is the 3-10 day (realistically 4-5 days) quarantine when I arrive back home.

Back