Ibiza in August

It's much more expensive!

The only year I went in mid August, we were robbed! I think a different crowd as well.
But hey, it's still Ibiza.... better than most other holiday destinations in August!

whats it like in august? I went in july last year, is it any different at all?

It is really different, it's true - and often hotter than July. WAY more expensive for everything - hotels/cars (especially), even drinks/cover charges some places. Everywhere in the main tourist areas absolutely packed to bursting and you're fighting for tables etc. Main Sunset Strip is almost impassable on a clear evening.

Pretty much all my notable hire car problems have been in August too - it's just everything is stretched to capacity and beyond.

On the flip side, though, some of the peak season parties don't really start 'till August so you probably get a bigger choice of nights out, even if it's busier everywhere.

Crowd difference is most noticeable in the West End and PDB, but family resorts are also full because of the school holidays. Early July is more parents-and-toddlers. Even quiet inaccessible beaches/rocks have a load of boats moored offshore and a bunch of bodies on the sand. You will notice the difference for sure !

August is a month I avoid because you Que for everything, even crappy bars. The prices are up and every club is rammed

Blimey did not know this :confused:

How does September compare to July,as thats when i was maybe looking at going in 2012?

Blimey did not know this :confused:

How does September compare to July,as thats when i was maybe looking at going in 2012?

September, at least early Sept, is fantastic. The sun's still hot but not unbearable and the sea's at it's warmest, but the August crowds have drifted away, the prices come down and the sales are on. Later in September the thunderstorms arrive + some cloudy/rainy days, but that didn't happen this year!

As for clubs etc, they're all still open and touting for trade.

I will be there in August,just because I can spare the time then...like the other times,earlier and later in the season.
It is hot, and some things are more expensive (but not everything) for me it's a time for hanging out and relaxing,not too much dashing about.Just see what happens....

My favorite time is early June, everything has a shine on it. The opening parties are great. The staff has not gotten abused by the punters yet. The weather is good for the most part, some rain showers are possible and you may need a jacket at night.

Went in August for the first time last year. Was very, very hot and most nights were super busy but still had a great time.

definitely not into August at all

that said when i did go in august i had a great time, but its definitely a different crowd than say late september which is my preferred time to visit

Back