Ibiza House partys

Nope but there is villa parties held throughout the year. Tho it's a case of being in the know.

Bit of networking should start you on your way.

I will be in San Antonio in my June trip but over in Ibiza Town and Formentera for my October trip.

Wow moving to Ibiza as an 18 year old. Live the dream buddy. You planning on working, Dj, promotion then?

I will be in San Antonio in my June trip but over in Ibiza Town and Formentera for my October trip.

Wow moving to Ibiza as an 18 year old. Live the dream buddy. You planning on working, Dj, promotion then?
Yea in have been saving for quite a while and it just seems the right thing to do yano I hope to get to know the club scene and open a club someday

I'd advise learning the lingo as if you are moving out in September and the season ends in October - you might struggle to get an English speaking job.

I'd advise learning the lingo as if you are moving out in September and the season ends in October - you might struggle to get an English speaking job.
Okay so if I were to learn Spanish it would be easier to find a job of season?

Okay so if I were to learn Spanish it would be easier to find a job of season?

finding a job for the summer: you'll find a job if you don't speak spanish, but it'll definitely help
finding an all-year around job: generally very hard to find as there isn't a lot all year around work and spanish is essential

Even if you were coming for the season I'd suggest learning spanish. It would really help and set you apart from other workers who are limited to 1 language.

Even if you were coming for the season I'd suggest learning spanish. It would really help and set you apart from other workers who are limited to 1 language.
I have started learning Spanish as a motivation to continue saving for ibiza and to enable me to get a job! All though it's like 6 months away I'm buzzing!

@stivi - Gonna vaguely hijack this thread. We're having 18 of us staying at a Villa, and were considering hiring out some decks etc... obviously a bit concerned about the noise. Any advice?

@stivi - Gonna vaguely hijack this thread. We're having 18 of us staying at a Villa, and were considering hiring out some decks etc... obviously a bit concerned about the noise. Any advice?

well - how 'private' is your villa for a start? that alone is a very important factor. then, if you do have neighbours close by and if you're only slightly concerned that they might be bothered about the noise, you should think about a tactic....ask yourself, do you want to have loud music every day? or is your goal to do one big party one day? if it's the first one you'll likely end up getting in trouble at some point. if it's the latter, approach the neighbours, tell them in a friendly way that on day X you're planning to have a little barbecue that might turn into a party and that they're invited to join. and I also recommend to add that if they think it's too loud they shall please first come and simply tell you to turn the volume down before calling the police. believe me, approaching the matter in a sensible way might avoid a lot of trouble :)

lastly, you're more likely to get in trouble if you throw a party during the night. if it's during the day not a whole lot can happen really. but getting right back to square one - it really depends on where your villa is and if a lot of people live in close proximity.

well - how 'private' is your villa for a start? that alone is a very important factor. then, if you do have neighbours close by and if you're only slightly concerned that they might be bothered about the noise, you should think about a tactic....ask yourself, do you want to have loud music every day? or is your goal to do one big party one day? if it's the first one you'll likely end up getting in trouble at some point. if it's the latter, approach the neighbours, tell them in a friendly way that on day X you're planning to have a little barbecue that might turn into a party and that they're invited to join. and I also recommend to add that if they think it's too loud they shall please first come and simply tell you to turn the volume down before calling the police. believe me, approaching the matter in a sensible way might avoid a lot of trouble :)

lastly, you're more likely to get in trouble if you throw a party during the night. if it's during the day not a whole lot can happen really. but getting right back to square one - it really depends on where your villa is and if a lot of people live in close proximity.

It was likely only going to be for one or two of the days (not consecutive) in the 10 days we'll be there.
Figured that we'd do something outside until about 11pm, then bring any sound system we have inside and ensure all doors are closed if there was the intention to carry on instead of going out.

Will definitely look to talk to neighbours. Obviously concerned about the police. I've been on these forums long enough and read the stories to know about the noise complaints :lol:

And if you end up inviting some people not staying at the villa, think about parking.
Guaranteed to attract attention if you choke up the local streets

Back