Ibiza for the first time !

JJJJJuuuuu

Hi !

I'm coming in Ibiza for the first time, between the 18th and the 21st of July, for my 30th birthday. We will be sleeping at Ibiza Rocks Budget Apartments. I chose this one, because we got tickets for Dua Lipa's concert, and Craig David's pool party.

I know that this kind of questions have been asked a thousand times, but I would be very pleased if you can help me.

We will be here with my girlfriend to visit the island, but to party too. So here are my questions :

- What about superclubs ? Is it an experience to make when you go for the first time on the island ? If yes, are there clubs that I should avoid ?

- What about boat parties ? Which ones are worth the money ?

- Where can we find the best preparties ?

- Should I make my plans right know, or should I wait to be on the island to make plans ?

- Is it possible to get discounted tickets for nights in clubs on the island ?

For the music, I'm looking for EDM, Trance and House music.

Thanks for your help !

You're there for 3 days id give the superclubs a miss and go sunset strip and westend in evening as you have tickets for 2 events at Ibiza Rocks more than enough keep you busy..if your girlfriend is one of thethe lucky ones Craig David might even come over and pour her a drink ;)

Hi !

I'm coming in Ibiza for the first time, between the 18th and the 21st of July, for my 30th birthday. We will be sleeping at Ibiza Rocks Budget Apartments. I chose this one, because we got tickets for Dua Lipa's concert, and Craig David's pool party.

I know that this kind of questions have been asked a thousand times, but I would be very pleased if you can help me.

We will be here with my girlfriend to visit the island, but to party too. So here are my questions :

- What about superclubs ? Is it an experience to make when you go for the first time on the island ? If yes, are there clubs that I should avoid ?

- What about boat parties ? Which ones are worth the money ?

- Where can we find the best preparties ?

- Should I make my plans right know, or should I wait to be on the island to make plans ?

- Is it possible to get discounted tickets for nights in clubs on the island ?

For the music, I'm looking for EDM, Trance and House music.

Thanks for your help !
What about superclubs ? Is it an experience to make when you go for the first time on the island ? If yes, are there clubs that I should avoid ? Only one I'd avoid really is Es Paradis as you wont get the proper Ibiza experience. Never been there but I'm told its mostly quiet and very commercial for "ibiza virgins".

- What about boat parties ? Which ones are worth the money ? Pukka up but if you're there 3 days, I'd do a sunset cruise, Kill 2 birds with one stone. Cant go to Ibiza without seeing a sunset, why not do both? People on boat parties are sound.

- Where can we find the best preparties ? Depends what music you're looking for. Mambos is a decent pre-party with big names DJ's i.e Bob Sinclar, Eric Prydz. Can see top DJ's for FREE (as long as you don't drink) without paying superclub admission prices. Get there early though as the door men only let the crowd get to about 3-4 deep before moving you on.

- Should I make my plans right know, or should I wait to be on the island to make plans ? Definitely plan ahead. Build your holiday around the Ibiza Rocks events.

- Is it possible to get discounted tickets for nights in clubs on the island ? Use Ibiza Spotlight. You can get "cheaper" tickets but they are only about 5 euros off the door price, I'd book of Ibiza Spotlight, Believe if you change your mind, can get full refund 24 hours before.

For the music, I'm looking for EDM, Trance and House music. - Avoid West End.

Thanks for your help !

Sounds like you are busy for two of the three nights up to midnight.

Cream at amnesia is good if you like trance and want to experience a super club. Amnesia is my fav club.

Prydz at hi on Tuesday is an alternative. Again, big club, big prog house in quite a unique style. Don't know if the club is good, I haven't been yet.

There are plenty of house and edm events at pacha that would suit you. I'm not into edm at all but I'm told Guetta's night is brilliant by those into that scene. There are other options there though.

If you are trying to fit in as much as possible @GAZZABACKTOIBIZA is correct, get up to mambo to see some great djs for free by the sea from 8pm onwards.

Personally I'd wait till you get there for tickets. They are the same price usually and you can get wrist bands offering reduced entry on occasion. These are usually based on being inside by a certain time. Clubs rarely if ever reach capacity. Your plans may change once you are there and it's always good to push your boundaries in terms of sound and go listen to something you wouldn't usually. In Ibiza this is most likely to be techno which is everywhere.

No idea about boat parties, I haven't been to one for 20 years.

Likewise I know little of the small clubs. There is plenty on the west end in San Antonio ans one of them is called tropi which is a trance bar club open daily.
There are some higher class small clubs elsewhere on the island that others are better to advise you about.

If you like a drink, fill up in the bars in advance. Bar prices vary wildly but it's easy to drink well for less than at home. The club prices are extortionate. There are a couple of threads on it here. without wishing to sound like a dad, keep hydrated. Water prices in clubs are generally 8 euro plus. I'd advise mixing up bar drinks with soft drinks before you get to the club. It gets hot in Ibiza, inside and out.

Have a great time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back