Ibiza airport

2H76

Noted that at passport they had about 8 of what looked like those new biometric things under wraps, just before the passport queue. How are they gonna manage next summer, have visitors queuing on the tarmac, as it's all new and confusing it's gonna take ages even if things are smooth?

Meanwhile so much for EU security, my passport photo failed the e-gate test, wouldn't accept my face (don't blame it) so got the flashing red light, blaring horns etc (I exaggerate) but the assistant let me through without a glance.

The photos 8 yes old and my face structure changed slightly after an op to remove part of my back gum. But even though the gate didn't let me through, she did without looking. Could have used my dad's old passport, that's still in date even though he's passed away now!

Last edited:
I am curious how the passport check works for non-Schengen departures.

It seems there is no separate non-Schengen departure area. Is there a passport check on departure at all if flying to the UK?

It used to be a check and stamp at the gate as you boarded. Now it’s a separate queue as you enter departures. Checked and stamped at a typical booth.

These new gates are a joke honestly... I expect summer 2025 to be a mess. As for queues, I think there might be long ones since not everyone knows what to do. Hopefully, the staff will manage.
and those gates often fail. I had a similar issue - new passport but system still didn't recognize me. Also had to get help from an assistant.

Back