Ibiza 1st timer - advice needed!

vibealite

We are off to Ibiza for a week for the first time this Saturday, we are staying in San An @ Central City (not read some good reviews – but that’s another story) I would be grateful if any veterans out there can give me some advice on what we should/ shouldn’t do/definitely shouldn’t miss etc.. and also where should we get tickets from/how we should get around etc… p.s. I like funky uplifting house…. Cheers peeps x x x

We are off to Ibiza for a week for the first time this Saturday, we are staying in San An @ Central City (not read some good reviews – but that’s another story) I would be grateful if any veterans out there can give me some advice on what we should/ shouldn’t do/definitely shouldn’t miss etc.. and also where should we get tickets from/how we should get around etc… p.s. I like funky uplifting house…. Cheers peeps x x x

for that style of music i'd suggest

Hed Kandi @ El Divino (sat)
Louie Vega @ El Divino (sun)
Defected @ Pacha (tue)

things to do:

Sunset strip at least once for the sundown
Space - sunday being unmissable
Amnesia main room for the ice cannon
Salinas beach is lovely
Have at least 1 "special" restaurant trip
Look around Dalt Vila at night

tickets:

buy from Spotlight if possible
otherwise, plenty of vendors on island - don't buy from any old person in the street
for Pacha, next to Mambo is best

getting around:

buses are good, island is small enough to get around ok

i'm sure some more veteran than me peeps will give more & better advice

Another option would be Judgement Sundays , funnily enough on Sunday!, its great and you can walk there and back

Advice needed ASAP

My flight leaves at 06:00 tuesday next week. In being my last night i want to go out with a bang (Cocoon/Pukka Up/Release yourself or Koolwaters) but i also don't want to miss my flight. I'm staying in San Ann. What's the best way to get across the Isle in the early hours?

My flight leaves at 06:00 tuesday next week. In being my last night i want to go out with a bang (Cocoon/Pukka Up/Release yourself or Koolwaters) but i also don't want to miss my flight. I'm staying in San Ann. What's the best way to get across the Isle in the early hours?

A taxi

which one or do ppl do both? is space open sunday afternoon & JS sunday night?

Judgement sunday is basically a bunch of 18 year old brits listening to judge jules type hairdryer music so if thats your thing go for it.
Space is something pretty unique and the sort of thing you wont find anywhere else. My advice would be go to space in the afternoon (opens at 4 now) and see what you think.
Space is best from opening till about 2am anyway then if you are still up for jules go see him but I would def not miss space.

As far as tickets go you dont necessarily need them. They are a bit cheaper but places like Pacha wont give you a free drink unless you pay on the door.

My bit of advice which you prob wont do if its your first time is try different nights that you would not normally do in the uk. I think the best nights are ones like monza or made in italy that are just a bit different. Coccoon is great as is CirCoLoco at DC10 although to do it all you need about a month or to keep going back for 10 years.

Also i would try get out san an if possible and actually see some of the island.

Ibiza is one of those places that as soon as you get off the plane you will know you are somewhere a bit special.
Enjoy

Judgement Sundays would be good for funky house on Kissdafunk nights in the back room - unofrtunately, this sunday is a Good For Nothing night

so i would head to Space, not so much in the way of that kind of music either but an experience going to Space anyway

combine it with a visit to Bora Bora

and i'm sure that sometimes you get a drink with pre-bought Pacha tickets on the island - we did last couple of years

[

and i'm sure that sometimes you get a drink with pre-bought Pacha tickets on the island - we did last couple of years[/quote]

Last year they did which is handy considering the price of drinks. Plus we bought it from a bar and was actually 5 euro cheaper than the actual ticket stated. Can't remember the bar but it was facing the marina or seafront in San Antonio.

I'm in the same situation as vibealite, I'm heading out there not this Saturday but but the next Saturday, and from reading this topic I'm just torn between going to Eden because it's closer to us as we're in San Antonio, or to go to Space. I was also curious what other night are good for Space out there, because seeing as Sunday is our first day I think we'll stay local.

I'm in the same situation as vibealite, I'm heading out there not this Saturday but but the next Saturday, and from reading this topic I'm just torn between going to Eden because it's closer to us as we're in San Antonio, or to go to Space. I was also curious what other night are good for Space out there, because seeing as Sunday is our first day I think we'll stay local.

the island is small enough that San An & Ibiza Town are close enough
20 mins across the island

it seems that on the thursday is Be @ Space's opening with Danny Tenaglia
definitely worth a visit to that one!

Back