Ibiza 1968

Robo

Unspoilt beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pw9-PEbxZpg

"When my father bought a house in Ibiza in 1968, people there told him he was too late. The island had already been spoiled by tourists, they said. My father did not think so. The music on this clip were the hits in those days,( Led Zeppelin, the Doors, etc. ) when artists and hippies were the 'happy few' on Ibiza, and no charter flights had landed there. Rare old home video of Ibiza's beaches, playa den Bossa, Portinax etc. and the old town, from '68 - '70
A happy memory and an advice: don't let anybody ever tell you you're too late !"

Unspoilt beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pw9-PEbxZpg

"When my father bought a house in Ibiza in 1968, people there told him he was too late. The island had already been spoiled by tourists, they said. My father did not think so. The music on this clip were the hits in those days,( Led Zeppelin, the Doors, etc. ) when artists and hippies were the 'happy few' on Ibiza, and no charter flights had landed there. Rare old home video of Ibiza's beaches, playa den Bossa, Portinax etc. and the old town, from '68 - '70
A happy memory and an advice: don't let anybody ever tell you you're too late !"

About the same time they made the movie More with the famous Pink Floyd soundtrack and it looked fairly bleak then! In the space of 40 years it went from barren to the proposed new development at Playa Den Bossa......

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/2013/02/the-first-ibiza-movie-more-1969.html

oldie..
q5Wfy7p.jpg

It is a lovely little video, happy/sad...but has nothing to do with clubbing,running or my new motor.

Was posted in the Ibiza holidays section (Old Pictures...) 12th Feb

Great find (regardless of who got there first :rolleyes::lol:)

Stuff that gets posted in here gets seen by more people I'd imagine?

^ ^
It's the smell of garlic and olive oil,people are sitting outside having lunch in the small streets of Ibiza Town at la marina.
Salvador Dali (normally at port Lligat and costa brava area) having lunch with the young fixer,communicator and child pioneer consultant Sydney (Lord Sydney Ling)
the beginning of a relationship which Dali called 'Mol interesant'.....;)

Aye who was this Sydney Ling bloke?

Stumbled upon his webpages a few years ago. What was his story? The only info I could find out about him seemed to be written by himself in the 3rd person?

'No living being has his experience!'
'Wunderkind lord Sydney Ling from Ibiza one of the most remarkable individuals of our time'

It's amazing really...

Great find (regardless of who got there first :rolleyes::lol:)

Stuff that gets posted in here gets seen by more people I'd imagine?
late,
When I first saw this video on yt it had about 60 views,when I finally got it posted here (about a week later, 'technical issues') it had 70 views.I'm not saying it's down to spotlight readers,mostly the loads of twitterers I suppose...but anyway,as of now it has 2575 views

On topic, is there any books about Ibiza in the 60s? Stories, the people who came and went, the hippies? Even non-English books?

I've got Not Part of The Package, The White Island and I'm currently reading The Life and Death of a Spanish Town (I say currently but I take an age to read a book from end to end).

Just wondered if there was any stuff on 60s Ibiza? Would love to read more about it.

Phil,it's been mentioned here before, Wild Thyme in Ibiza by Stewart Andersen. As I recall Bez didn't think much of it.

A Valley Wide by Alexis Brown. Both personal memoirs.

Last edited:
Back