I need to open a bank account in Ibiza Town

i was recently cold called by the halifax to say they now have a 'branch' in ibiza town though i suspect any of the big 'national' banks would be equally useful. though you'll find the way banks charge for everything a little different to britain.
got your NIE??

www.sanostra.net is a good bank. you can find a office all over the island...

approx. 10 euros per year and maestro card 7 euros per year. internet banking is free.

cheers
yves

Last edited by a moderator:
hi can you tell me if they speak english at the cam in ibiza town-i need to sort a few things out - I speak a little spanish to make myself understood but at my local branch - they don't speak a word and they speak so fast I can't catch what they are saying.. many thanks

Everybody at Solbank speaks in English, I have been with them for five years and although they are helpful they are expensive. We are in the process of moving to Barclays, they are new to the island and are bending over backwards to help Brits open bank accounts. They will even fight your corner on unfair or illegal charges from your previous bank. If you thought that banks in the UK were a rip-off wait until you open a bank account here - charging like wounded bulls only begins to describe them!

Back