How will you be taking your money?

ricko

Hi all, i'll be travelling to Ibiza on the 10th may from Manchester and its all very exciting at the moment. However i'm not to sure how to take my money away with me.

ive saved up £1600 to take but for obvious reasons i dont want to be taking it in cash incase i get robbed. i'm also not sure about taking it in travellers cheques as you get charged a percentage when exchanging it abroad and i could lose out on a lot of money. another idea is opening a La Caixa acount but you need an NIE number to do this so it means having to take the cash with me anyway.

what is everyone else doing or think i should do? cheers ;)

When i go to Ibiza in July i am taking £2000 for 2 weeks and i am taking it down to the travel agents and instead of travellers cheques they give you a visa debit card for the duration of you holiday. So on that card i will have £2000 worth of euros. This means that when i draw money out over there i will not be getting charged and it is safer because you will have your own personal chip. This is the new way of taking money on holiday.

chrisb said:
When i go to Ibiza in July i am taking £2000 for 2 weeks and i am taking it down to the travel agents and instead of travellers cheques they give you a visa debit card for the duration of you holiday. So on that card i will have £2000 worth of euros. This means that when i draw money out over there i will not be getting charged and it is safer because you will have your own personal chip. This is the new way of taking money on holiday.
Sounds good, will definately check up on that

cheers for the advice everyone. i'm going on wednesday morning but hopefully i'll have enough time to have a look at the visa debit card!

see you at the white isle ;)

Back