How will Privilege fare this season - 2014

JoshMags

Hi All,

With Privilege not being what it was and now losing ASOT and El Row how will this affect the club this season?

Will Privi soon be no more?

And is the Radio One event taking place at the club this season?

Personally i cant see it surviving. With no real big night bar supermartxe, which does alright, they will really struggle. Losing Armin is a big loss for them. Its a shame because it really is a sight to behold when it is in full flow, especially if its your first time walking into the place.

Personally i cant see it surviving. With no real big night bar supermartxe, which does alright, they will really struggle. Losing Armin is a big loss for them. Its a shame because it really is a sight to behold when it is in full flow, especially if its your first time walking into the place.

Only if it's busy though, otherwise I think it's a massively disappointing venue. Gods a few years back was empty, the place had absolutely no atmosphere at all to it

i am especially gutted because 2012 was such a good season for privilege. it was a joy to see the venue doing well and i had high hopes for them to really come back. unfortunately last season didn't go well for them with cancelled nights. but privilege is still around, let's wait and see how this summer goes. but yeah, it won't be an easy summer...for no one actually.

As has been said by many Privilege is a great venue but only if it's near capacity otherwise it loses it's magic. Who could do this on a weekly basis. Doesn't look like there's any chance of the main area ie not the vista club being full to capacity this yr.

Hasn't Privilege / KU alwAys had its ups and downs throughout the years. I for one wouldn't fancy managing the club.

i am especially gutted because 2012 was such a good season for privilege. it was a joy to see the venue doing well and i had high hopes for them to really come back. unfortunately last season didn't go well for them with cancelled nights. but privilege is still around, let's wait and see how this summer goes. but yeah, it won't be an easy summer...for no one actually.

Thats when I first went, in 2012. Walked in and literally went WOW. Not my kind of music at all, but the place was packed and there was so much going on around me it was brilliant!

The club has so much potential, I dont understand why it's not doing other big nights..

i think the reason is simple - there are very few nights, if any, that can fill Priv on a regular basis (never mind a weekly basis).

The club is simply too big to be full in todays market place, except for the odd one off event (R1 Essential Mix etc etc)

i think the reason is simple - there are very few nights, if any, that can fill Priv on a regular basis (never mind a weekly basis).

The club is simply too big to be full in todays market place, except for the odd one off event (R1 Essential Mix etc etc)

I disagree, acts like Avicii, David Guetta, Calvin Harris etc could get it pretty full if Privilege offered them enough to move there.

as for the current lineup, I think its one of the weakest in years for a big club, nothing at all of interest, and unless they host the Radio1 night (which surely should have been announced by now??) I can't see them even needing to open the main room.

I disagree, acts like Avicii, David Guetta, Calvin Harris etc could get it pretty full if Privilege offered them enough to move there.

as for the current lineup, I think its one of the weakest in years for a big club, nothing at all of interest, and unless they host the Radio1 night (which surely should have been announced by now??) I can't see them even needing to open the main room.

Possibly the likes of Avicii could fill it, but im not convinced of week in week out....

yeah those big acts definitely would fill privi, but they're much more attracted to ushuaïa simply because it's 'fashion' these days, that's the main problem for privi to get those acts, not the money.

the bbcr1 will happen at privi again. and supermartxé is easily going to fill the main room. and i guess some of the mass bass dates could also work pretty well (dada life takeover for example).

Back