How to legally register a villa

daddylikefroggy

Has anyone had any experience with legally registering a villa for use as a holiday home. A few things I would like to know are...
What is the specific criteria needed to satisfy the Consell/Tourist Board?
How long does it take, from application to receiving status?
The cost?
And finally how often will it need to be renewed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Has anyone had any experience with legally registering a villa for use as a holiday home. A few things I would like to know are...
What is the specific criteria needed to satisfy the Consell/Tourist Board?
How long does it take, from application to receiving status?
The cost?
And finally how often will it need to be renewed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I presume that you want a license to let your villa as a holiday home.

This is a Catch-22 on Ibiza. To legally let any property as a holiday let it must be licensed. In order to get the license it must adhere to minimum quality requirements and safety standards. However my understanding is that the consell is not issuing any more licenses and there are no plans to change this situation in the near future.

The problem with Ibiza is that all the politicians have heavy investments in hotels; Abel Matutes who is arguably the richest man in Ibiza sits on the board of TUI and is a large shareholder. Consequently it is not in the interest of the politicians to encourage the letting of private holiday homes.

And you thought the politicians in Britain were corrupt; they are rank beginners compared to Spain. :)

Of course this doesn't stop anybody from letting their property for holiday lets; the internet is chock full of them and I would imagine that unless you have very nasty neighbours there is little or no chance of being caught out.

Back