How much partying, how much exploring?

JPF

Depart Friday for another annual visit to the White Isle.

Going through many threads on here, it seems a lot of you just party party party.

But how many don't just party?

Drink prices and club entry fees dictate partly how many hours I spend on the dance floor. I am also 40 in a few months, so body needs more recovery time - but also....

Do I really want to spend the whole day recovering to do the same to my body again?

The Island is beautiful and I have always said there is more to the Island than the West End or the BIG clubs.

So many beautiful beaches dotted around the Island, so many tracks of the main drag to explore. Hiring a boat for an hour or more and seeing the coastline from a different angle.

This will be my twelve year, and I still look forward to going around the corner and seeing something new.

As for partying, hours after landing I will be in Pacha for Tong & Sasha and at Ushuaia next Thursday for Cadenza.

As much as I would love to see Carl Cox on Tuesday, but feel this might be one late night too many!

when i used to come to ibiza as a holidaymaker, i always tried to pack in as much as i could - clubbing and exploring. we went out a lot, but after a few hours of sleep, always took the car and drove to some nice beach, went out for dinners and such. hardly ever spent a day at the beach in front of the hotel (and less the pool).

always said people who only come to party miss 50% of the island's attraction.

i think it also depends a bit on when in the season you come. during the closing parties it is probably a bit more difficult to do a lot of sightseeing as the party schedule is so tight and there so many parties that you really feel you simply cannot miss. if you come mid-june instead, there's plenty of time to go exploring.

My usual m.o. is to sleep until mid-day, go to beaches and/or exploring, have a nice dinner somewhere (I usually make lists of places to try before traveling), party all night, repeat
8)

I'll take 1-3 nights off in a usual 10-14 day trip. This time, however, I'm only there for 5 nights so it'll be full on every night.

I always hire a car and get around the island. I'm always so surprised (and find it odd actually) when I meet people out there who say it's their 10th time in Ibiza, but have never been to Salinas or Benirras!

I always hire a car and get around the island. I'm always so surprised (and find it odd actually) when I meet people out there who say it's their 10th time in Ibiza, but have never been to Salinas or Benirras!

Agreed, especially as Salinas is extremely accessible by bus also, the stop is literally across the road from the beach. The one thing I won't do again is walk to the Salinas Watch Tower in flip flops though, bit of a trek. :)

Definitely going to spend the majority of our time partying again this time. There just isn't a night I could bring myself to miss after the first couple of nights. It'd be good to have a day off in the middle of our week there, but it just won't happen. Going to make a much bigger effort to be out and about during the daytime this year, not dying in the apartment or round the pool or at the beach, but we'll see.

I'll be going to Ibiza for years to come, and I'm sure I'll have more time to see and do everything that I've missed up to now in future years, when I will do longer and not such hectic trips. At 25 I feel I should be in my clubbing prime, and able to do 7 nights on the bounce.

Time will tell...

Definitely going to spend the majority of our time partying again this time. There just isn't a night I could bring myself to miss after the first couple of nights. It'd be good to have a day off in the middle of our week there, but it just won't happen. Going to make a much bigger effort to be out and about during the daytime this year, not dying in the apartment or round the pool or at the beach, but we'll see.

I'll be going to Ibiza for years to come, and I'm sure I'll have more time to see and do everything that I've missed up to now in future years, when I will do longer and not such hectic trips. At 25 I feel I should be in my clubbing prime, and able to do 7 nights on the bounce.

Time will tell...

I guess that's the difference in being 40 and 25. Only so much energy in this can of beans!

Also I love the sun, I love the heat and feel it's a criminal offence being asleep inside all day!

Trouble with me, once I am up I am up. I don't sleep on the beach or by the pool!

This May was around our 10th time to the Island and we'd never really done any exploring of note, we hired a car and really enjoyed it. Was hard limiting the clubbing side when so much is going on, so much so the othe rhalf went back last week for a week of partying :D

We did 3 clubbing nights out of 9, even the days spend 'resting' in Bossa were exploring because we'd never stayed there before 8)

Also I love the sun, I love the heat and feel it's a criminal offence being asleep inside all day!

Trouble with me, once I am up I am up. I don't sleep on the beach or by the pool!

Couldn't agree more. Am very like this ... if I sleep beyond 11.30am after staying to the end of a heavy night I have a real stern word with myself - and get pangs of guilt at wasting good morning sunshine hours even then.

Couldn't agree more. Am very like this ... if I sleep beyond 11.30am after staying to the end of a heavy night I have a real stern word with myself - and get pangs of guilt at wasting good morning sunshine hours even then.

I'm normally up at around 8:30am, I've paid for B+B and that's what I'm getting. :) Make sure my stomach is full, then head back to bed for a bit. Don't think I've ever stayed in bed gone 11am though, mainly cause I'm too tight to pay for air-con, and the room is a sauna by then.

I have had my eyes opened a bit this year. August was my tenth visit to the island and it is only now that I have really begun to appreciate how much you can do there, clubbing aside.

The shorter trips are definately the better ones, getting in late and then waking up to the Ibiza insomnia 3/4 hours later. "Up and Out" is my moto now. I cannot be arsed with hanging around the hotel for an hour while I "wake up." All I need these days is a fag and coffee/redbull to get things moving then I am away. I also don't want to fanny about looking for FAT JOES or similar to then spend another hour having breakfast to look at my watch and see that its 2pm then drive to a beach to enjoy, at best 3 hours in the currant bun.

I want to see the sunset as often as I can, visit as many beaches and villages possible and meet as many new people as I can.

Then it all comes back to the night time and I can start again, at my own pace. Getting advice from people in the know to ensure I don't waste time at poor nights/venues.

I feel that I may have been held back by the people I have been holidaying with, but that might just be the slight pedantic side of me. For this reason I have decided to travel there alone next year, once maybe twice. Keeping other people happy on holiday as well as myself is not my bag at the age of 40 (when I feel like i'm 25 plus hindsight!)

Basically, rant aside, my future trips are about fitting in as much as possible in the time possible.

I'm 39 and i outstayed my 25 year old friends this year. We went nuts for the first week (in bed by about 7am) and chilled out by the pool from midday. The second week we did more stuff away from the hotel because we were up earlyish and not absolutely hanging. We still didn't manage to hire a car though but did a few beaches and buses around the island

My Ibiza visits only last 4-5 days (don't want to get too used to it - it would kill the excitement!)

I visit 2 or 3 parties, maybe spend an evening in the West End, enjoy the Ibiza old town. The remainder of the time is spent on the beach and exploring the island. This hasn't changed much with the age - in fact, on my first visit, I spent more time exploring and less time partying than I do now. And it's just great not to have to hurry to a party one day.

Never had the desire to party every night - why should I? There is always the next year :) Every day and every night something is happening and I can go to a party (or not) - and I love this freedom!

I guess that's the difference in being 40 and 25. Only so much energy in this can of beans!
I have a lot more stamina now than I did at 25! I suppose it's proper training :lol:
I need a lot less sleep too.
But the past year or two I'm also to the point where I don't feel I have to stay to the very end at every party.

I'm going Saturday night for 6 days.

Will do DC10 on Monday and continue partying through to tINI on the beach on Wednesday (maybe with some sleep).

Either end of that I am going to endeavour to enjoy the island, have some drinks, some tapas, a bit of beach, some sunset, and whatever else takes me.

This is my 10th trip, I am 32, some people I am going with have never been to Ibiza.

And hopefully I come home in one piece in time for Art Department at fabric on 22nd.

Depart Friday for another annual visit to the White Isle.

Going through many threads on here, it seems a lot of you just party party party.

But how many don't just party?

Drink prices and club entry fees dictate partly how many hours I spend on the dance floor. I am also 40 in a few months, so body needs more recovery time - but also....

Do I really want to spend the whole day recovering to do the same to my body again?

The Island is beautiful and I have always said there is more to the Island than the West End or the BIG clubs.

So many beautiful beaches dotted around the Island, so many tracks of the main drag to explore. Hiring a boat for an hour or more and seeing the coastline from a different angle.

This will be my twelve year, and I still look forward to going around the corner and seeing something new.

As for partying, hours after landing I will be in Pacha for Tong & Sasha and at Ushuaia next Thursday for Cadenza.

As much as I would love to see Carl Cox on Tuesday, but feel this might be one late night too many!

Mark, how long you out for, we head off a week monday? Only have WE LOVE penciled in during our 10 days, sure we'll do more but the first couple of days will be a write off so no plans for then. You taking your Terras shirt ;)

Back