How much do you dislike Mondays?

WeLuvIbiza

It is the most disgusting, foul and horrible day of the week:lol:

Saturday & Sunday, wifey and children around the house, listening to the children laughing, arguing, playing. Wifey bringing me cups of tea to my office.

Monday, children @ school / nursery, wifey @ work, the house feels like an empty shell:(

I HATE MONDAYS!!!

Sundays I wake up at 1pm, Mondays I wake up at 7am. Puts me right in a bad mood :(

Sunday is the start of the working week here.

It sucks balls that you're at work when everyone else is still enjoying their weekend.

Fridays off are nice though!

Plans for an early night scuppered.

Woke up at 6h30.

Complete and utter zombie.

Horrid.

Ugh.

Loving the crisp autumn weather though.

Loath them, aaaaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely loath them :evil: they will never be nice days in my life thats for sure...

The only good thing about today is the gorgeous slut red nail varnish ive got on thats cheering me up ;) :lol:

I was up in Northumberland on Saturday and drove to a really remote spot.

Sat in a field and there was complete silence. Except the occasional bird noise.

It was amazing. It was bright blue skies and clear as hell. But totally silent.

I could have stayed in that spot all day.

Today, I woke at 4.00am and couldnt get back to sleep due to stressful thoughts.

Yes, Mondays are ****.

And I need to move to the sticks to find some peace.:lol:

they are horrific true, but sunday night is worse.

in my 9-5 life, it was, trying to tidy house before new week, giving the kids a bath before new week and get rid of weekend's dirt, iron shirts for week, nipping out to corner shop cos you've forgot some bastard product required for someone's lunch the next day.

obviously it's baltic when you do this task and then you get in and it's like "thank fcuk for that", then you save yourself from death by tv boredom by going to bed early, before you realise that you have forgot to put the bin out, leading to an hour of pissing around with broken gate and icy driveways, etc, etc

in ibiza in summer, mondays are the best day of the week.
in winter, they're pretty good too actually, nothing i can't handle.

i think the fact i don't have to deal with a rush hour or mad traffic to get anywhere/during school run makes a big difference. last time i was back in the UK and on the tube at 8am, i actually couldn't believe humans lived like that!

Sat in a field and there was complete silence. Except the occasional bird noise.

Today, I woke at 4.00am and couldnt get back to sleep due to stressful thoughts.

Yes, Mondays are ****.

It's been lovely up here all weekend. We walked from Tynemouth to North Shields fishquay for lunch then back again yesterday. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day 8)

Yes, Mondays are ****.

8). Trouble is when you actually live in the sticks you take all the mundane bits of everyday life with you... and everything you need to keep it going it seems miles away :confused: But at least it's a 5-minute walk to peace and quiet rather than a car ride ! :)

Saturday - trying to sort Garage a bit to get rid of endless remnants of house maintenance and improvements (6 hours and 2 car-loads worth set aside later it's clear it's going to take several days, no doubt with several attempts :eek::x....). Sense of achievement at starting to tackle chores overwhelmed by sense of sheer boredom. Maybe I should just hire a skip and bin everything....

Sunday - After cumulaltive 50 miles of trips to the tip to get rid of yesterday's set aside junk, grocery shopping to stock up freezer, finally get round to potting on a few of the shrubs it's clear I'm never going to get in the ground this year. Oops - there goes the relaxing weekend in the country !!! All that gallivanting over Summer's lead to a right old backlog of chores :(. Flippin' heck.

Monday - Back to reality and a meeting half way across the country. Eeargh - Mondays can indeed really suck.

It's been lovely up here all weekend. We walked from Tynemouth to North Shields fishquay for lunch then back again yesterday. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day 8)

I was at Tynemouth yesterday too! Glorious day. 8)

they are horrific true, but sunday night is worse.

in my 9-5 life, it was, trying to tidy house before new week, giving the kids a bath before new week and get rid of weekend's dirt, iron shirts for week, nipping out to corner shop cos you've forgot some bastard product required for someone's lunch the next day.

obviously it's baltic when you do this task and then you get in and it's like "thank fcuk for that", then you save yourself from death by tv boredom by going to bed early, before you realise that you have forgot to put the bin out, leading to an hour of pissing around with broken gate and icy driveways, etc, etc

in ibiza in summer, mondays are the best day of the week.
in winter, they're pretty good too actually, nothing i can't handle.

i think the fact i don't have to deal with a rush hour or mad traffic to get anywhere/during school run makes a big difference. last time i was back in the UK and on the tube at 8am, i actually couldn't believe humans lived like that!

I can relate to the first two paragraphs, but unfortunately not the last two :lol:

Even more than Bob Geldof does, except when I have one off - like today. Although that makes tomorrow (Tuesday) like a Monday. :rolleyes:

I was at Tynemouth yesterday too! Glorious day. 8)

:lol: So was I - glad we didnt bump into you again - Mrs B might think we were stalking you ! got dropped off at North Shields fishquay and walked to Copperfields for a late Sunday dinner and a couple of pints - gorgeous day!

:lol: So was I - glad we didnt bump into you again - Mrs B might think we were stalking you ! got dropped off at North Shields fishquay and walked to Copperfields for a late Sunday dinner and a couple of pints - gorgeous day!

I quite often get in Copperfields for a late Sunday lunch but it was Irvins this week followed by beers in The Lowlights and Tynemouth Lodge. Perfect Sunday.

Back