How is Keith Ricahrds still alive ?

I went to the bbc radio studios on tuesday to see the mark thomas manifesto show being broadcast for radio 4 (early Jan 2011) - and he was reading out suggestions from the audience. One of them was that the government should hand out recreational drugs to old age pensioners on the grounds that a/it would make their final years more entertaining, that b/they pose no risk to the public and c/they wouldn't have the legs to go out and steal to fund their addictions. I'm ready to bet the bbc will cut that part out :lol:

keef - snorting his dad's ash - urban myth?

There's loads...the Gimme Shelter one is also iconic (it might even be a Hyde Park gig but can't remember).

http://www.djhistory.com/dvds/gimme-shelter-1970

This marked the (un)official end to the original summer of love when the hippy thing reached saturation point. Too many people turn up, riots happen and a Hells Angel stabs some bloke in the crowd. The docco changes direction at this point and gets interesting. Reeeeeally good view.

Sad too because you get a sense that it's the end of an era - but it ain't all bad because, when big things die, micro scenes follow - as is the case right now. (and back then - cue David Mancuso's original Loft Party in 1970 :p)

(ock sucker blues is bootleg only so trawl the torrent sites:

http://www.djhistory.com/dvds/cocksucker-blues-1972

I went to the bbc radio studios on tuesday to see the mark thomas manifesto show being broadcast for radio 4 (early Jan 2011) - and he was reading out suggestions from the audience. One of them was that the government should hand out recreational drugs to old age pensioners on the grounds that a/it would make their final years more entertaining, that b/they pose no risk to the public and c/they wouldn't have the legs to go out and steal to fund their addictions. I'm ready to bet the bbc will cut that part out :lol:

keef - snorting his dad's ash - urban myth?

Not according to the excerpts from his book...
- but hey who really knows :lol::lol:

Back