How important is it to have seen Carl Cox?

Johnny Vodka

Well... :lol:

He's playing Glasgow the night I'm up there for the New Order gig. Is he worth staying over for? Or does he just trade on his name now?

I'm aware of his reputation, but don't think I've ever had any exposure to him (bar the YouTube vid I'm watching now :lol:).

If you're going to see him at his best go see him @ Space ... imho ! It's partly the combo of him playing in there that's a bit special. I've never enjoyed his performances nearly as much in other venues (found his set dull @ Global for example last Summer - which is the most recent time I've seen him outside Space, but seen him in the UK before and felt the same). Just my personal take on it.

PS - Saw him playing super-dooper GREAT 3 times at Space last year - and I think his Birthday beach sets out there are generally very well received too.. so might be worth giving it a go anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen him at SW4 and Matter in London and had a great time both times.
He absolutely destroyed the Matter opening 8)

I have seen him in the USA and at Space. I would go see him, great time because he is about the music and not about himself.

I agree with above, if he's in your area go and see him. But in the uk i've had mixed nights from him, seems to be flat in parts sometimes (Circus' birthday at Nation, and most recent gig at Manchester whp) but at Space WOW Last saw him start of Sept at Space and it was one the best nights i've had in Ibiza

Whenever he plays the Arches he just bangs it out as thats what the Glasgow cants want.

Best I've seen him was the Space terrace when he's playing a bit more on the house side of things.

you should still go though.

Well... :lol:

He's playing Glasgow the night I'm up there for the New Order gig. Is he worth staying over for? Or does he just trade on his name now?

I'm aware of his reputation, but don't think I've ever had any exposure to him (bar the YouTube vid I'm watching now :lol:).

He'll come on and play for 2 hours then just as the night starts to get going it'll be all over - if you want to see Carl Cox in full effect go to Space :)

I'm going to see him in Glasgow but i'm more looking forward to DJ Sneak in there the week before.

He'll come on and play for 2 hours then just as the night starts to get going it'll be all over - if you want to see Carl Cox in full effect go to Space :)

I'm going to see him in Glasgow but i'm more looking forward to DJ Sneak in there the week before.

If Sneak is anything like as good as he was at Fabric last weekend you'll be in for a serious treat. He was still going strong at 8.30am .... Ben Sims lost me at half six !

If you're going to see him at his best go see him @ Space ... imho ! It's partly the combo of him playing in there that's a bit special. I've never enjoyed his performances nearly as much in other venues (found his set dull @ Global for example last Summer - which is the most recent time I've seen him outside Space, but seen him in the UK before and felt the same). Just my personal take on it.

My first exposure to him was at Global last year (infact, my only exposure to him so far), and I really enjoyed his set.

I'm thinking it might be all too much after New Order. :lol:

Interested in this new Bad News night The Arches are starting. 1st one has Benji B (enjoy his r1 show!), Coki & others playing. A bit of d'n'b, dubstep, etc might be good for a change. Dunno if there's much love for those styles here...

Anyone seen Benji B play out before?

I think you're right about Cox being best at Space, the only other time he's truely blown me away was at Monegros last year I think.

If Sneak is anything like as good as he was at Fabric last weekend you'll be in for a serious treat. He was still going strong at 8.30am .... Ben Sims lost me at half six !

How was MJC by the way? (sorry if you've already said this on another thread)

How was MJC by the way? (sorry if you've already said this on another thread)

Got to admit I lasted about 5 minutes on the balcony when she came on before turning around and forcing my way out through a crowd of surging young sheep without a glimmer of manners or decorum between them.

Basically Room 1 was the creche of Nanny Coles .. so I can't really say how her set was. I was enjoying the best Room 2 vibe in as long as I can remember with Marcel Fengler & Ben Sims. Absolutely went off !

Back