Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

ken stringfellow from the posies will be playing at ocean drive on july 26h!

36952681_10160642237555261_4766596379168473088_n.jpg

Is Sol House decent? Just been given a very good rate direct for it in September. I've stayed in the Bay before and walking round is a bit annoying but the quality of the hotel for the price is certainly appealing.

Is Sol House decent? Just been given a very good rate direct for it in September. I've stayed in the Bay before and walking round is a bit annoying but the quality of the hotel for the price is certainly appealing.
Don't know about this specific one, but the Sol brand is great in Balaerics and Canary Islands.

If you can get the price I got quoted for Sept is a no brainer

Just realized my Bora Bora reservation shows 2 guests, but there will be 3 of us. The room details say 3 people max.

Will they let 3 people in or will they charge for the extra person?

Playasol with equally aggressive pricing at the moment too.

They've got some 35% off jobby going on at the moment, but still very much on the pricey side of things. I did stay at Playasol New Algarb last year on a stag, going all inclusive and that was pretty decent actually, but only affordable because we had 3 to a room and booked 4 rooms

They've got some 35% off jobby going on at the moment, but still very much on the pricey side of things. I did stay at Playasol New Algarb last year on a stag, going all inclusive and that was pretty decent actually, but only affordable because we had 3 to a room and booked 4 rooms
Yeah the 35% off still doesn’t make it as cheap as I’ve paid for a room with them in September.

I paid around €10 per day less than they’re offering now.

Yeah the 35% off still doesn’t make it as cheap as I’ve paid for a room with them in September.

I paid around €10 per day less than they’re offering now.

I've just gone cheap this time round, a week for £420 B&B at the Pacific near the bus station. Most of the tripadvisor moaning seems to be about people being asked to be quiet- as an old (33) man, this doesn't bother me in the slightest! Sod all on Airbnb for when I'm over as well this time

I've just gone cheap this time round, a week for £420 B&B at the Pacific near the bus station. Most of the tripadvisor moaning seems to be about people being asked to be quiet- as an old (33) man, this doesn't bother me in the slightest! Sod all on Airbnb for when I'm over as well this time

That’s a decent hotel, stayed there years ago with the boys.

Heading out for 10 days with the missus in September this year. Think we paid €550 for 10 nights, for both of us at tropical apartments in Figueretas.

That’s a decent hotel, stayed there years ago with the boys.

Heading out for 10 days with the missus in September this year. Think we paid €550 for 10 nights, for both of us at tropical apartments in Figueretas.

Decent cash there. If you're with someone else, it's pretty reasonable, but going solo hurts the wallet!

Decent cash there. If you're with someone else, it's pretty reasonable, but going solo hurts the wallet!
Yeah it’s cheap for the two of us.

Flights and accom for 10 nights worked out £440 each which I was more than happy with. It’s a great location too.

Stayed there myself couple years back - I remember one plug socket to a 3 man room. Can imagine that to be carnage for 3 girls but still frustrating for 3 guys
Breakfast is below average basically cold unless you get down for like 8am (No one really there to eat breakfast to justify the kitchen to replace/top up with fresh warm food). I stuck to cereal/juices
Pool area is reasonable with a DJ on certain afternoons

Stayed there myself couple years back - I remember one plug socket to a 3 man room. Can imagine that to be carnage for 3 girls but still frustrating for 3 guys
Breakfast is below average basically cold unless you get down for like 8am (No one really there to eat breakfast to justify the kitchen to replace/top up with fresh warm food). I stuck to cereal/juices
Pool area is reasonable with a DJ on certain afternoons

Just the one man here, so sockets not an issue. Cereal and juice is good for me, and a pool to lie around is all I need. The only thing it is missing for me is a fridge in the room, but for that money, you can't have everything! If anyone can find me a better deal for 3-10 Sept, please send it over!

Back