Holiday Money

CheekyChicken

Given the poor rate of exchange pounds to euros (1.2) is it better to get sterling travellers cheques to change to euros in Ibiza? Does anyone know what the local exchange rate is? Or are euro travellers cheques better?

Advice please!!

when I was there in July using your card in the machine got the best rate, about 1.22 most of the time, travellers cheques got you 1.16 if I remember correctly, hope this helps

bank with nationwide as they are by far the best for exchange rates, pull your money out the atm while your there for no charge and get a rate which isn't a million miles off the money market rate :D;).

bank with nationwide as they are by far the best for exchange rates, pull your money out the atm while your there for no charge and get a rate which isn't a million miles off the money market rate :D;).
+1

Been doing this for years, by far the best way. ;)

Yup +2

I've been doing it this way too, and it is by far the best way I know.

I also have a nationwide account & used this in Ibiza. But if you want to change your money before you get out there, Marks & Spencer I think have one of the best £'s to €'s rates. I just changed a little bit there, I don't like arriving somewhere without cash!

Back