Holiday destination tips for teens

Jojo.Xx

My daughter is looking to take her first trip abroad this year. She'll be 18. I dont think she will be going to Ibiza as the nightlife is so expensive. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Maguluf. It needs to be pretty cheap (and relatively safe!).

My daughter is looking to take her first trip abroad this year. She'll be 18. I dont think she will be going to Ibiza as the nightlife is so expensive. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Maguluf. It needs to be pretty cheap (and relatively safe!).
Tenerife is cheap and as far as I know safe.
Plenty to do in Ibiza without spending a fortune on club tickets ;)

PS. Any big med resort will be 'relatively safe'. Relative to any high street in the UK where everyone is falling about plastered on a Saturday night. If you dig around looking for bad reports you'll probably find them on every resort you look at.

Haha i should probably have explained a bit more. We go to Ibiza a lot i think she's been 8 times in total, and she's been to Pacha, Space, Ushuiaia, Amnesia even Coxys birthday party at Sands so it would be cruel to send her with not much money! I'm not very well travelled, I've only really been to Ibiza since becoming an adult so I can't offer advice. She doesn't go out clubbing or to pubs in the UK yet so its a funny old situation. I was hoping she could go somewhere which wouldn't be completely rubbish compared to Ibiza for a youngster but also not too much money or too full on. Ate the flights to Tenerife expensive compared to say Majorca?

As usual it would depend on when she goes. I'm sure that both have lively parts and cheap bars selling fish bowls and free shots etc much like the west end.
She might not like it after going to all those places in Ibiza though I personally couldn't think of anywhere worse to go with my mates(if my mrs would ever let me again :(), then the places mentioned after going to Ibiza but she might enjoy the change of scenery. I've done loads of Spanish Europe and would rather go nowhere then Ibiza now but that's just my preference.

She`ll never forgive you for sending her somewhere else.. Ibiza can be very cheap if you want it to be...

She`ll never forgive you for sending her somewhere else.. Ibiza can be very cheap if you want it to be...

I'm not sending her as such, I'd suggest she could go to Ibiza all inclusive and look for free parties but she's asked me about different places and I think it's her friends as well want to go to one of these more cheesey places..they aren't really massively into dance music, neither is she. More bands like Two Door Cinema Club. They are quite young for their age and sensible, not big party animals but still want to have a fun partying holiday. DJ's etc don't really mean much to them :)

Like when I say she's been to all these clubs she hasn't experienced them in the way I do if you get me! Not crawling out in the a.m. looking grey! Just completely sober!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exit Festival in Serbia in June is incredible, and amazingly cheap once you're there. It's a four night festival and the town (Novi Sad) is nice to stay in a day either side. Can't recommend it enough!

i'd maybe look at somewhere in croatia, there are plenty of festivals happening, you can stay nearby / onsite / dip in & out..relatively cheap

if your daughters mate's like bands as well as dance music....Unknown festival might be the thing.

http://unknowncroatia.com/

if not then i suppose your left with:
tenerife;salou;malia;magaluf;mallorca;aya napa;corfu;kavos

(although if i had kids, i'd be very worried about sending them to thseo type place...well, daughters at any rate)

Magaluf is actually one of the scariest places I've briefly visited! Majorca Rocks is a great venue, but outside it's like the west end * 100. I think as soon as I stepped out the taxi some drunk almost fell into me! We stayed in Palma in Majorca, something to consider if you're prepared to party with less Brits and maybe want just a wee bit of culture and nicer surroundings.

Outside of Ibiza, Med party resorts tend just to blur into one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exit Festival in Serbia in June is incredible, and amazingly cheap once you're there. It's a four night festival and the town (Novi Sad) is nice to stay in a day either side. Can't recommend it enough!

This! It's perfectly safe, caters for all tastes in music, cheap as chips, and will be a real education. I was 22 by the time I went to Exit for my first festival abroad, would have loved to have gone well before that.

Girls perspective - I have been to Tenerife, Spain, Ibiza, Malia and Zante and going by what you have said with regards to what your daughter would like etc, i would recommend Malia. It can be done cheapily and its a case of nice beaches to chill and the bars and clubs if she feels like it. Any place is 'safe' if you keep safe and are street wise and not irresponsible.

When a group of us 5 girls went, we went all inclusive which for the price was ok but drinks were limited and the hotel was a fair old walk from the strip. For these sorts of holidays i think you are better off going self catering as we all ended up getting food from other places most nights.

From what i know of these sorts of holiday destinations, i would put Magaluf at the bottom of this list, but thats my personal opinion.

10488250_10152520407185985_3452716702832839749_n.jpg

*cough cough*

If she's seen how good Ibiza is she'll be disappointed somewhere like Magaluf/Malia etc If they want a cheap, safe holiday with guaranteed sun, I would recommend Tenerife. Ive been many times as I've got family there, its a nice place out of the tourist traps and you can get 4* treatment for 3* prices.

I can't f***ing stand the Sun. What kind of lead story is that for a paper? Some daft pished 18 year old makes a c*** of herself on holiday and it's front page news? I'm pretty sure if you knew that bird (or even someone that looks like them) and knew she's recently been to Magaluf what use is blanking their eyes out going to make? They absolutely delight in destroying people. A shower of insufferable horrible bastards.

And a real f***ing brass neck talking of others sinking to new lows, given their history.

Pointless rant over.

Back