Hints & Tips....Various European Cities

Evolution

Whilst bored at work in December i was messing around on skyscanner seeing how many countries it was possible to visit over a weekend, i could have visited 8 different countries in 48hours (as long as no delays kicked in) all for less than £150.

Booked my Ibiza flight for mid june and thought I'd play the same game again from Ibiza...this time I've done it over a longer period and actually booked some flights. As you guys between you have been pretty much everywhere i thought I'd ask for some hints and tips in regards to must sees, bars / clubs and any decent hotels. Only staying 2 nights in each place so not got bags of time to check them out.

I'm heading to Milan, Prague, Budapest, Zurich, Amsterdam....

Cheers in advance for any help :)

Prague:

- Hot Peppers gentlemen's club.
- Avoid drinking in bars around the main squares.
- And if you're wandering around some side streets, and hear house music from the bottom of a flight of stairs, follow your ears. I wish I could remember the name of it and where it was, but we found a really good little underground club in the city.

Wow...I was about to start a whole new thread until I did a little searching and found this one! Next month I'm doing a bit of a trip myself starting in Amsterdam, then going through Munich, then Prague, then Budapest. 2 nights in each. I'll be sure to remember Gashouder & Trouw, and Hot Peppers, but I won't be in Amsterdam on a Friday night so I'm afraid I'll miss out on whatever happens at Paradise then. If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to know.:)

zurich - lots of good clubs! worth checking lineups beforehand of course, but here are a few venues: hive, district4, zukunft, komplex, ...

Budapest is an amazing city. Was there in July. A lot of stuff is in Hungarian but not to the point where it's hard to understand.

One of the best things I did was go to the shooting range which is about 20 minutes south of the city. Easy enough to get there in a taxi and not that expensive.
There was something oddly crazy about shooting an AK-47 and other such assault riffles. More info hereL http://www.celeritas-sch.com/

As for bars I'd recommend any of the ruins bars but Szimpla Kert was spot on and well worth the visit. It had a very hipster feel to it but in a good way.

Hotel wise I stayed in the Zara Continental which I got a good deal on. Quite central but it was the pools and spas within the hotel which made it for me.

Thanks for the great suggestions! Unfortunately, unlike the person who started this thread, I won't make it to Zurich, Milan, Lisbon, or Madrid (I'm only doing Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, and Budapest), but I'll remember to check back here when I inevitably do.

Back