Help wanted for planning Ibiza trip

sneakay

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help with working out what to do whilst in Ibiza later this year.

On the down side, I will be the Stag going out with a group of 12 other guys. On the plus side, it's not all about 'getting drunk' 'naked women' etc, but about having some fun and getting to see some top DJ's and listen to some great music.

As a quick bit of background, I am a DJ myself - once playing out on a regular basis, but now just messing around in my home. A few of my friends also coming are into the music and gagging to get to the clubs. I have been out to Ibiza twice before, but for most, this will be their first time.

What I want to do is try and get a balance of things that most can enjoy, and want to get some advice if possible.

We are flying out Monday June 3rd and back again late on the Friday. As this may well be the last time I go to Ibiza for a long time, I really want to make the most of it.

Any suggestions on what to do on the Monday after we arrive? We are staying in San Ant, and should be at the hotel around 01:00

I think on the Tuesday I am going to bite the bullet and go to the 80's/90's Water Party at Es Paradis - I can take any humiliation on the first full night and get it over and done with.

On the Wednesday, I was thinking of letting the group split between Ibiza Rocks Opening Party and the Channel Zoo opening party. What should we do after? I was originally hoping for Subliminal Records at Pacha, but see that it is now Wisdom of the glove. Will Guy be too heavy for most people? Will Privilege likely be open by the 5th? I saw last year that they had 'Animalistics' or something on?

Thursday's gave the option of going to Pacha for FMIF until they released the prices. I can't see anyone wanting to pay 80 Euros to get in. I am thinking instead that after spending some time at Bora Bora we could go somewhere else. Will Space have anything on? Local DJ's, as it is open and Coxy doesn't start his night for a month or so.

Finally, does the airport allow bags to be checked in early on during the day? Our flight is not till midnight, so we might as well hang out somewhere before we fly back. Any suggestions on what to do to kill those early evening hours?

Would really appreciate the help.

round off the trip with a few drinks at mambos/del mar? This year will be my first so Im in the same boat with regards to having a nice balance as I intend on remembering most of my holiday 8)

We are staying right by the sunset strip, so will be using Mambo and Del Mar as often as possible. I love Cafe Del Mar, the inside is just so amazing to sit and look at, and the chill out beats are amazing in the sunshine.

sounds the business to me, Ive never been before , so you recommend booking a table for sunset??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Looking for some help with working out what to do whilst in Ibiza later this year.

On the down side, I will be the Stag going out with a group of 12 other guys. On the plus side, it's not all about 'getting drunk' 'naked women' etc, but about having some fun and getting to see some top DJ's and listen to some great music.

As a quick bit of background, I am a DJ myself - once playing out on a regular basis, but now just messing around in my home. A few of my friends also coming are into the music and gagging to get to the clubs. I have been out to Ibiza twice before, but for most, this will be their first time.

What I want to do is try and get a balance of things that most can enjoy, and want to get some advice if possible.

We are flying out Monday June 3rd and back again late on the Friday. As this may well be the last time I go to Ibiza for a long time, I really want to make the most of it.

Any suggestions on what to do on the Monday after we arrive? We are staying in San Ant, and should be at the hotel around 01:00

I think on the Tuesday I am going to bite the bullet and go to the 80's/90's Water Party at Es Paradis - I can take any humiliation on the first full night and get it over and done with.

On the Wednesday, I was thinking of letting the group split between Ibiza Rocks Opening Party and the Channel Zoo opening party. What should we do after? I was originally hoping for Subliminal Records at Pacha, but see that it is now Wisdom of the glove. Will Guy be too heavy for most people? Will Privilege likely be open by the 5th? I saw last year that they had 'Animalistics' or something on?

Thursday's gave the option of going to Pacha for FMIF until they released the prices. I can't see anyone wanting to pay 80 Euros to get in. I am thinking instead that after spending some time at Bora Bora we could go somewhere else. Will Space have anything on? Local DJ's, as it is open and Coxy doesn't start his night for a month or so.

Finally, does the airport allow bags to be checked in early on during the day? Our flight is not till midnight, so we might as well hang out somewhere before we fly back. Any suggestions on what to do to kill those early evening hours?

Would really appreciate the help.

I'd suggest...
Monday: West End / Beach Bars (ibiza rocks / itaca) then possible Es Paradis or Eden if they are open
Tuesday: Water Party or Flower Power opening (always a great night)
Wednesday: Magna Carta vs Resonance Records at Sankeys (all depends on musical tastes though)
Thursday: Space often do have 1 off nights before the main residencies start, chances are they may well have one.
Friday: Check if your hotel has a luggage room you can keep yourbags in. Airport wont leg you check them in early. There are some lockers in ibiza town i believe buts that will mean 2 trips to the other side of the island.

sounds the business to me, Ive never been before , so you recommend booking a table for sunset??

Here's a suggestion for your thursday night - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....88335413219.82567.49781073219&type=1&theater

It's not open when they are there.

Don't waste your money unless you want to fit in with the prettys and spend 10e on a 1e beer.
You could read stuff on here for hours, and we could all tell you what is best but I'm 99% sure once you land you'll forget it all and just go with the flow. Plans that were made wont happen and the sun, beer and atmosphere will take over and it wont matter(especially on your first time).
It gives you the bug to keep going back and that is why there is a forum like this full of addicts who can't stop going back... :D 8)

I'd suggest...
Monday: West End / Beach Bars (ibiza rocks / itaca) then possible Es Paradis or Eden if they are open
Tuesday: Water Party or Flower Power opening (always a great night)
Wednesday: Magna Carta vs Resonance Records at Sankeys (all depends on musical tastes though)
Thursday: Space often do have 1 off nights before the main residencies start, chances are they may well have one.
Friday: Check if your hotel has a luggage room you can keep yourbags in. Airport wont leg you check them in early. There are some lockers in ibiza town i believe buts that will mean 2 trips to the other side of the island.

Thanks Evolution - Just the sort of thing I was after.

Am keen to try and get to a different club each night if possible, so that those who have not been before can really get to see what Ibiza is about. I'm gutted that Privilege will not be open, as I have fond memories of diving into the pool back in 1998 on my first trip out there.

Been thinking about trying to do Epica on the Monday night after we land. Whats the taxi time from San Ant to Pacha roughly like?

And, yes I agree that trying to plan too much always makes things go tits up. We should just go with the flow and see what happens.

Very true, and I have a feeling that after 2 or 3 nights out on the trot, people will start to fade.

Unfortunately I am one of those hyper organised people who likes to have everything planned. Sad really.

Cheers for the help though.

Very true, and I have a feeling that after 2 or 3 nights out on the trot, people will start to fade.

Unfortunately I am one of those hyper organised people who likes to have everything planned. Sad really.

Cheers for the help though.

Same here but it doesnt work in Ibiza, especially when others involved. Go for a 50/50 split of planned / unplanned activities.

Try some daytime fun also, boat trip or even hire one between you all. Formentera even??

Back