Help- Medical Advice needed

Fronty

I fly to Ibiza friday and i have just had a Cyst removed from my scalp. It was a big un and required 8 stiches.

I need to get these stiches removed in 7 days time, Doctor said it must be done then but ill be in Ibiza. Is there anywhere i can get this done and how much would it cost me ????

Is it possible to remove stiches myself ??

Thanks in advance

I fly to Ibiza friday and i have just had a Cyst removed from my scalp. It was a big un and required 8 stiches.

I need to get these stiches removed in 7 days time, Doctor said it must be done then but ill be in Ibiza. Is there anywhere i can get this done and how much would it cost me ????

Is it possible to remove stiches myself ??

Thanks in advance

Get a letter off your Dr explaining and you should be fine at one of the bigger medical groups

Get a letter off your Dr explaining and you should be fine at one of the bigger medical groups

Dr wont write me a letter ( recptionist said he wont do it), can i just got to one of the Galleno (sp) would they be able to do it there and how much would it cost ??

Dr wont write me a letter ( recptionist said he wont do it), can i just got to one of the Galleno (sp) would they be able to do it there and how much would it cost ??

why dont you just leave em in. not gonna kill ya a few extra days.

what will they do if you leave them? turn into bogey men? i wouldn't worry.

He said they must come out in 7 days, not sure what to do

hmmmmm ok, but a day or two more isnt going to give you a big infection or cause untold scarring now is it.....

If you are desperate to get them out then yeah Galeno - or at least they will tell you where to go if they dont....

Dr's charge £15 to write a letter now - thieving b*&%$£ds!!!

Hiya
As a nurse, i can tell you that you can happily leave them in for a few days longer without anything bad happening! Where are they on your head? If they are reachable, I would take them out myself if I was you! Not a big deal....
There is a little technique to it, but i can explain if you would like???

Hiya
As a nurse, i can tell you that you can happily leave them in for a few days longer without anything bad happening! Where are they on your head? If they are reachable, I would take them out myself if I was you! Not a big deal....
There is a little technique to it, but i can explain if you would like???

Yes please x

I blame Thatcher.

Aye, totally. Evil hag.

I once removed three stitches when I was away on holiday. I cut them along the top with wee scissors and pulled the bits out with tweezers. Apply a bit of tea tree oil and bob's your uncle.

I would defo prefer the nurses advice though.

Just grab the little bunny ears (the bits above the knot) and pull up gently with a clean pair of tweezers (wash with soap and hot water before if they have been anywhere weird before ;) ) Snip the stitch being careful to only cut ONE side of it. If you cut under the knot, you might lose the bit that is inside your head! Gently pull out. Once they are all out, just give the area a little clean with a disinfectant wipe or something and it'll all be fine!

Good luck.

Everybody should get a NHS card.
You can apply for one online on their website.
With one of these you can go to the doctors here for free.

Fronty. I crashed a scooter there last year. (yes I know silly me) ( hehe) anyway I just went to the local medical centre. ( there is one next to hotel Garbi in PDB and heaps over at San An. I found them very good with my wounds. ( never ride a scooter in bare feet when on holidays ) You will be fine if you decide to get them removed in Ibiza. Have a great time ok.....

Fronty. I crashed a scooter there last year. (yes I know silly me) ( hehe) anyway I just went to the local medical centre. ( there is one next to hotel Garbi in PDB and heaps over at San An. I found them very good with my wounds. ( never ride a scooter in bare feet when on holidays ) You will be fine if you decide to get them removed in Ibiza. Have a great time ok.....

I had to read that twice - I thought you were still talking about feet!!! :eek:

Is it easy to remove stiches myself ?

Good god no. :eek:

Having had 17 of the buggers removed a couple of months back, if you leave them in longer, they tend to go deeper into the skin which can make it harder (and more sore) to remove. Obviously a few days won't kill you but it's not advised.

Aye, totally. Evil hag.

I once removed three stitches when I was away on holiday. I cut them along the top with wee scissors and pulled the bits out with tweezers. Apply a bit of tea tree oil and bob's your uncle.

I would defo prefer the nurses advice though.

i was being sarcastic. :lol:

A friend of mine messed up his knee a couple years back and went to that medical center next to Garbi in PdB. They were quite helpful. I think he just paid for the crutches and knee brace.

Back