José Padilla

The Sun God

Just read this on FB. So sad

Hola amigos , unfortunately I have some bad news . Some days ago I was taken to hospital and I have been diagnosed with colon cancer and now I am waiting for an operation. My situation is very bad , I am completely broken after 5 months with no income whatsoever and no way to pay my rent, so humbly I ask if you can help me with your donations.Thank you
Love & Music
Jose

Last edited:
Yeah.. I saw him at la torre last Sept. Very brief chat. Time hadn't been kind but he seemed ok. Fuerza José ✊

Last edited:
Bloody hell. It’s sad to think a man of his standing hasn’t got his finances sorted. Always imagined the likes of Jose, Alfredo and even the newer residents like Pete Gooding living it up in huge traditional villas. Where’s it gone so wrong for him? I hope all the djs that have milked Ibiza rally round and dig deep. One night’s fee donated from Cox or Guetta could get things back on track. José is a legend and has given us some magical moments. Get well soon and I’ll slip a tenner in the pot in a moment.

Bloody hell. It’s sad to think a man of his standing hasn’t got his finances sorted. Always imagined the likes of Jose, Alfredo and even the newer residents like Pete Gooding living it up in huge traditional villas. Where’s it gone so wrong for him? I hope all the djs that have milked Ibiza rally round and dig deep. One night’s fee donated from Cox or Guetta could get things back on track. José is a legend and has given us some magical moments. Get well soon and I’ll slip a tenner in the pot in a moment.
?

the royalties from the comps dried up ages ago and you now get what? 0.002p per stream? unlike alfredo he didn't whore himself out to every 'retro' event either and he's not a massively successful producer in his own right so, the odd local gig aside, I can see why money might be an issue. I know a few professional DJs in a similar financial position. you get into your 50s/60s with no pension to look forward to and playing a young man's game, you can find yourself in a lot of shit.

I seen Carl cox did donate about 200 euros I think

Back