Help.....A week in Ibiza

bionicbob

Hi all
I am looking for some help with choosing what Club nights to hit, so here i am asking all the experts for advice.
Background:
I am part of a group on a stag party, mine:D. LOL
We are a mixed group of people; some, myself included are really up for anything, if you know what i mean. The rest are big drinkers. Music choice would be banging house and techno..... , also some input on my choice of nights to hit very much appreciated.

Ibiza. 21/06 - 28/06 We arrive at airport at 10:30pm so do we need to head straight to club?

Tues 21/06 Tonight opening party @Amensia
Weds 22/06 B'Ace Booze Cruise........ this is for our drinking contingent.
Thurs 23 Cream Amensia or Kehakuma ( Advice here please.)
Fri 24 ???? Not sure about this, any suggestions?
Sat 25 ???? Any suggestions?
Sun 26 We love Space,
Mon 27 Circoloco DC-10, (looking forward to this one).

Also, What time should we hit the clubs?
Where can we find parties at 7am after clubs close? Do all clubs close at 7am?
What time is a good time to hit Mambo etc? Our hotel is very close to mambo.

I know i have asked a lot here, but any help or guidance will just make what i know is gonna be a stormer in something i will never forget!!!

I have taken a week off work afterwards to recover lol.....

hey mate, went last year, best holiday of my life. cant imagine going anywhere else, at least for the next few years.
anyway, DC-10 is a big hit on my list, didnt do it last year but definately going this year, looks too good to miss.
cream this year, of course! wouldnt miss it for the world.
Tuesdays at space, i reckon, if you book early enough then PUKKA UP are selling boat party tickets that include transfers and entry to space after, all for around 55 euro.
Mondays has to be either Tiesto at priviledge or cocoon at amnesia, in my opinion.
Id personally avoid pacha 99% of the time, but im thinking of making an exception this year to see Pete tong and Paul oakenfold who are playing for Radio one weekend.
sundays is either judgement sundays at eden, or the foam party at amnesia..
wednesdays, you have 'we love' at space with Van Buuren, or ibiza rocks, i chose ibiza rocks this year as i have seen armin so many times, although his sets are all pretty good.

The pre partys dont start until around 11pm approx. so no need to hit the clubs that early, most club tickets to the big clubs include transfers which pick you up around 12.30 - 1am, so enjoy your time at the pre party. Some pre partys include a FREE BAR so make the most of that.

As for after partys, i didnt really do that last year, if im honest i regret not making the most of it, but if you find any more info out, then hit me up.
Most clubs close at between 6-7am unfortunately. gone are the days of the Space 22 hour marathon!

Whatever you get upto, it will be without a doubt the BEST experience of your life!
Have fun chap

DC10 is very over rated.

If you are in San An, what about Garlands on the Friday.

I go to the clubs for about 2.00.

Mambo, good for the sunset about 7.00 depending on the time of year and then carries on from then. You could stay there all night if you wanted.

I'd try do a Pukka up boat party if you can, you'll get free entry into Space with it for Carl Cox or Come Together.

Thursdays I prefer Cream, but that's primarily down to my music taste I think
Friday, Pete Tong (will prob be rammed though)
Saturday - I'd take this as an opportunity to recharge for Space on Sunday and DC10 on monday

Friday night

If your into techno Chris Liebing has a night in Amnesia on the 24th June, should be a cracking night.

Toying of going myself that night, but only thing putting me off is my flight home on the Sat.

Just to add, DC-10 was great last year when we were there, and a lot more fun than the Swedish House Mafia night we went to afterwards. Not sure what time it shuts, but we were there not long after opening around 4pm ish on the Monday and if I'd had the stamina I'd have rather stayed there until the next morning. We didn't go in 2009 as DC-10 was shut, but our 2010 trip to the White Isle was much better and a lot of that is due to Circo Loco.

If you want to try something else a bit different, we really liked Zoo Project last year (outdoor clubbing up in the hills just outside San Antonio) - very different from anything else on offer at the moment and a good crowd that go. The main party is on Saturdays from 4pm to midnight with an after party at Privilege until 6am. The also do a similar night called Channel Zoo on Wednesday's (which might be better if you prefer it less busy).

Tuesday at Amnesia also sounds interesting this year (Eric Prydz / Annie Mac), though if you're doing Cocoon on the Monday, it could be overkill doing the same club two nights in a row!

I'd like to do Tiesto even though I'm not a massive trance fan as I've heard good things about it and I've only ever been to Privilege for the smaller parties, but always clashes with SHM and Cocoon. What do others think about the Tiesto night (I guess 10,000 fellow clubbers can't be wrong!)

Never had a bad night at Space so that's always high on my agenda (We Love), though I'm strongly considering Luciano @ Pacha on a Sunday for a change of scenery this year. If you end up going, Bora Bora is normally busy that afternoon for the pre-party.

Also this year, Sankeys have opened a new club in Playa d'en Bossa. Initial line ups look good and they have a trance night with Ferry Corsten if you're into that (which I'm guessing you might be if you're going to Cream).

Personally I'm not that keen on Es Paradis (Ibiza Rocks after party the worst night I've been to in Ibiza) or even San Antonio itself really (excepting Eden), but that's just a personal preference and I'm biased after having been to the 'West End' area. With Pete Tong and friends at Pacha on Fridays this year I guess I have no need to go there (not mad on Judge Jules myself), although it's nice to chill out for a night between the big parties at Savannah or Mambo, and watch the sunsets, etc. If you like Mr Tong, he often plays at Savannah before his main Friday night party (formerly Wonderland @ Eden, now All Gone Pete Tong @ Pacha).

If you're not a Tong fan, how about Come Together @ Space on Fridays? This was a new night last year and apparently a big success - haven't seen the line ups myself but could be worth a go.

The great thing about Ibiza though is that it caters for all types and musical tastes. I don't want to tell you that you "must do this party or that party" and if you're on a Stag do with lots of you in the group, you're not necessarily all going to be up for the same thing, but sounds like you have some good nights on your agenda already. There's so many different parties going on I wish I was going for more than a week!

Most difficult thing is choosing which night of the week not to go out so you can recuperate a bit! Historically, Wednesday's seemed to be the only 'quiet' night.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for very useful tips so far......
this is what we are considering at the moment

Tues 21/06 Pacha Seduction Or Tonight Amnesia....
Weds Ibiza rocks Fatboy Slim and whatever happens after.
Thurs Cream Amnesia
Fri Pete Tong Pacha or Come together
Sat Rest day.....at the Zoo....is this a good idea lol?
Sun We love space
Mon Circoloco DC10

Tues night home to die......

Anyone tell me of the nights that i am undecided which would have the better banging house.

I have been out of the scene for a long time so please bear with me, :oops:manys thanks :)

I'd recommend Tiesto. Ok, he plays quite commercial tunes which is a far cry from his trance days... but it's all about the spectacle. It's incredible. :)

Back