Hed Kandi

gio99

Has anyone been this year? We arrive this Sat night so are looking to get straight in there after landing. Have attendances been good? Last year it was another class night but seemed pretty quiet with only 3/4 of the club full.

the opening party was perfectly busy. this week feels somewhat quiet because no big opening parties are happening. not the busiest week right now, so not sure HK is gonna be packed.

Have Ministry of Sound sold it back or something? Or how is Mark Doyle back involved ? Feels like ages ago when buying all the HK CDs was a big thing

There was a lot of snobbery around Hed Kandi, once it got popular particularly, and of course, you sell a little bit of credibility to get as big as it did for a while, but I can vouch for at Mark Doyle as properly being into the music he was pushing and resident Matt Collins the same with extra let's just go and have a loads of fun points. Regular big name guest Stonebridge, not only responded graciously to a thread here ribbing him and some friends on this very site, but had one of those friends as a resident at his night in Sweden, again I believe through genuine belief in him.

They were definitely good guys. I'd go and support if I was there

There was a lot of snobbery around Hed Kandi, once it got popular particularly, and of course, you sell a little bit of credibility to get as big as it did for a while, but I can vouch for at Mark Doyle as properly being into the music he was pushing and resident Matt Collins the same with extra let's just go and have a loads of fun points. Regular big name guest Stonebridge, not only responded graciously to a thread here ribbing him and some friends on this very site, but had one of those friends as a resident at his night in Sweden, again I believe through genuine belief in him.

Got back into house music through hed kandi. The first couple of cds were great ( not mix cds mind) and the base bar cds was a favourite at the time as well.

I was really snobby about HK. It's weird how many things I used to hate I don't actually mind that much now. Maybe it's all relative to the horrors that followed? Or maybe people just get less militant with age?

I was really snobby about HK. It's weird how many things I used to hate I don't actually mind that much now. Maybe it's all relative to the horrors that followed? Or maybe people just get less militant with age?

I had Matt Collins play for me a few times, a remember someone who was editor of DJ mag at the time, and was really nice, being at one do and saying she couldn't stand it, but I think the people in those positions then just weren't able to go 'ok, it's not this week's hot thang in a black t-shirt, but it's honest and real and based on real house'

Remember when I was in Ibiza in 2004 and starting to comedown when this track was playing in our apartment and it made me think about my missus and I suddenly thought I shouldn’t be here right now I should be home with her.
Song always remind me of that moment.

How did the girl you were with react to that? :p

Hedkandi/Spotlight vaults:

How did the girl you were with react to that? :p
? Was female free zone so none of that business, just a load of sweaty wrong’uns. Never told my missus as she has always been a clean living woman, And she just wouldn’t understand if I explained to her how I felt on a comedown.

Back