has no one really posted on here for 24 hrs?!

I'm running out of things to say on the internet. This is causing me some concern. I find there's nothing new to say about music or politics or crap celebrities or the internet or the drug sub-culture. Everything I mean EVERYTHING has been said before.. I'm bored of social media too. twitter is narcissistic toss. I don't do one-liners, so it's of negligeable value. Everyone on there seems to be in awe of people with dry one-liners, hence all the pointless retweeting. farcebook is only of limited interest too. On there, your constituency is too broad, your friends and acquaintances need to be segregated. It's all too much hassle. Even complaining about things is not as fun as it used to be, everyone's wise to your rants, people become over-familiar and eventually get bored. And as for blogs, the hype about musicians who are 'the next thing' is just fraudulent when you know it is blogger's stoned flatmate getting some free and undeserved hype. I need cold turkey from all of it, but when you're bored out of your mind in work hours, that forum itch becomes unbearable. So I carry on, out of habit, but really with very little to contribute to any of this anymore...

I'm running out of things to say on the internet. This is causing me some concern. I find there's nothing new to say about music or politics or crap celebrities or the internet or the drug sub-culture. Everything I mean EVERYTHING has been said before.. I'm bored of social media too. twitter is narcissistic toss. I don't do one-liners, so it's of negligeable value. Everyone on there seems to be in awe of people with dry one-liners, hence all the pointless retweeting. farcebook is only of limited interest too. On there, your constituency is too broad, your friends and acquaintances need to be segregated. It's all too much hassle. Even complaining about things is not as fun as it used to be, everyone's wise to your rants, people become over-familiar and eventually get bored. And as for blogs, the hype about musicians who are 'the next thing' is just fraudulent when you know it is blogger's stoned flatmate getting some free and undeserved hype. I need cold turkey from all of it, but when you're bored out of your mind in work hours, that forum itch becomes unbearable. So I carry on, out of habit, but really with very little to contribute to any of this anymore...

:lol:

(nothing to add)

Bloody facebook - loada $hite.

This is precisely the problem in my case. The all consuming facebook. Saps what little productivity I had left in my spare time down to nothing. I no longer seem to hunt music anymore, and the Spanish fell by the wayside a long time ago. I have turned into a sky tv watching F5 tapping facebook slob. I scare myself sometimes. I've even found myself unwittingly trawling through people's photo galleries I don't even know simply through the subconscious urge to click into newly uploaded things that appear on the screen in front of me (scary). A forum the size of spotlight will always get posts, but smaller forums (especially a local one I used to get a lot of banter out of) have practically ground to a halt in the past year through inactivity.

but smaller forums (especially a local one I used to get a lot of banter out of) have practically ground to a halt in the past year through inactivity.

I miss the erstwhile poster known as 'strobelight' - can you get him signed up on here? :lol:

.....I scare myself sometimes. I've even found myself unwittingly trawling through people's photo galleries I don't even know simply through the subconscious urge to click into newly uploaded things that appear on the screen in front of me....

I thought this was just me. I'm particularly quiet at work at the moment so I'm on it all the time. I feel disappointed if I return to FB after a 10 minute absence and no one has posted anything new. I think I need help.

You've inspired me to action:- Twitter account deactivated. Who's with me??? :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need cold turkey from all of it, but when you're bored out of your mind in work hours, that forum itch becomes unbearable. So I carry on, out of habit, but really with very little to contribute to any of this anymore...

The Simply Red Joke was a rare light hearted jaunt from your direction that I enjoyed. I actually imagined you smiling as you typed it......

Just got back from a 48 hour trip to Ibiza. Dead good. will review soon.

The Spotlight forums will always endure. Spotlight is like a cosy local pub in a virtual world of wetherspoons and tiger tigers.

When it's good on here it's very entertaining, and sometimes it's quiet but at least it shows most of the posters have a real life as well.

Twitter is pathetic. It's a step too far for me.

"let me grace you with the minutae of my life and my wit and observational humour, every ****ing few hours - just to prove my existence matters"

I wouldn't mind it but when people link their twitter to FB you get a constant stream of ****e.

Anyway, bye.

The Spotlight forums will always endure. Spotlight is like a cosy local pub in a virtual world of wetherspoons and tiger tigers.
:!::idea:8)

Bravo! :lol:
Encase in gold!

I just seem to have too much real life stuff going on these days to devote to t'internet, I very rarely go on the t'internet when not at work anyway so my time is limited these days due to work being ridiculously busy - which is no bad thing in the current financial climate - I would be worried if I didnt have massive workloads - at least I am still bloody useful at work - which is more my priority these days.... :)

I just seem to have too much real life stuff going on these days to devote to t'internet, I very rarely go on the t'internet when not at work anyway so my time is limited these days due to work being ridiculously busy - :)

Wtf you doing here now then!!?? Get back to work now :twisted: ;) :lol:

Back