Has Cafe del mar lost its charm?

Walk along further from mambo past savannah and it quieter and better, mambo and CDM is just ridiculously busy now

I think the whole ethos of Cafe del Mar has been lost, the bar and outside area are so ridiculously busy at sunset, there is nothing chilled out about it at all!

Add to that the clash of music coming from Mambo

If I do go to the sunset strip these days I walk straight past Mambo and CDM and onto the rocks with a bottle of wine and a joint and that does it for me, none of this booking tables,10 euro a beer business :)

Having said that, I've always thought there are better places to watch the sunset (if thats your things) in Ibiza anyway

Which reminds me of when I went one year and met a friend over there who just didnt get it, he was bored by the whole thing and didnt understand what people were looking at! All he kept on about was when does Judgement Sunday start haha, dont think I bothered arranging to meet him again that trip!

Cafe del Mar was the best daytime place in San An in the old days. Remenber one very special
day we all stayed/lied indoor because it was raining and storming as hell. We drank a few to
many bottles of cava (we did´t have money for that really) some weed were there, we were
all frinds in the days.

First time I went, in 95, it was just a cool bar on the rocks where you could smoke dope and loads of scouser drug dealers would emerge after dark

Back