Has anyone read...

ClaireyH

Years ago (well, in 1999) while on hols in Ibiza I read a book about this guys crazy goings on while he was in Ibiza - each chapter was a new short story which was crazier than the next! I'm pretty sure the book is no longer published (and I've lost my copy) but I'm sure it was called 'Sex or Sun, drugs and ???' or something similar....

It was one of the funniest books I've ever read and some of the stories were totally mad - I wanted my husband to read it a few years ago before we went over for his first trip to Ibiza but we couldnt find it/buy it anywhere - anyway, we were talking about it last night and I cant remember the name and its really bugging me....

Does it ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks
Claire

this one?

0753503026.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056480773_.jpg

No - dont recognise the name... as soon as someone says it I will know who it is.

I'm sure the cover was mainly yellow...

Oh my god Marcus - thats the one...
Does anyone know where I can buy/borrow a copy of this?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Yip - its great! Especially reading while you are over there. We are heading out on the 23rd August for 2 weeks so I'm going to try and order a copy!

Thanks again.

Do you know of any other funny/similar books about Ibiza?

Wayne Anthony also wrote 'Class of '88' about his involvement in running the raves of that era. It's a bit 'so there we woz, facked, gear all over the place in his flash hotel' but probably not far from the truth. My cousin was involved similarly and it was 'wideboys r us' ll over the show.

Yeah, I read that one as well - totally forgot about it but just did a search on Amazon and recongnised the cover and it all came back. Someone is trying to charge £50 for it on Amazon buying it second hand :confused: ... think I might look up my mum and dads attic so see if I can find my copy :lol:

for those interested, Wayne Anthony Class of 88 just got re-published

https://www.facebook.com/wayne.anthony1

I read it when it first came out and whilst some bits rang very true (esp the stuff about Colston Hayter & Judge Jules) other chapters just seemed like drug fantasies SAS paratroopers - YOU WHAT?!?!?

it was a very entertaining read but I wouldn't take it as an accurate account of what actually happened BITD

On the strength of this threads I've just found a used copy on amazon for £4 inc postage. bargain

Vaguely remember talking about this book in another thread some years ago....
something like; have the book, not read it yet? Had a look through some deep piles of 'to reads' found it.

1999. To my comrades around the world
The New Age is about to become the Now
Age. Forget the millennium and embrace the
coming era of spiritual, mental and
cosmological progression.

This is the Age of Aquarius - may the force be
with you.

written as printed

Back