Has any1 done something like this before?

joecc

Hello,
I was wondering if any of ye have done something like this before...
Basically organise a night away for attendees of a club night to another club up the country...
I'd be advertising locally...flyers..etc...
My main concern is organising accomadation...Say for a bus of 50 heads...
Obviously one would need to book hotel rooms in advance...but how do you know how many rooms you would need if you don't have exact numbers from the start...just take a chance and book 25 rooms? And hope you get those numbers on board. What's the usual cancellation policy of hotels? What sort of notice?
Any other advice, appreciated...

ta,
jeo

First find out what time the club is finishing as you may want come straight back afterwards. Why get a hotel if club finishes at 5 or 6 and you have to check out at 10??

Get numbers and a deposit upfront from each person. Once it comes to parting with cash the numbers will soon dwindle!

You can usually cancel the hotel rooms up to 24 hours before without charge. So say you want a deposit by a certain date prior to the event and the full amount 2 weeks or week before and then you can book the hotel knowing your numbers.

If people pull out after the deposit etc say tough and same with full amount.

Make sure you add a bit on for yourself so you at least get a freebie out of it (at the very least!) if it's just a one off. If somthing you are going to do long term then you want to earn from it. A lot of thankless tasks involved with taking people anywhere but can be good fun especially if it's mates you know etc. It's when someone brings along a div the trouble starts and remember as the organiser you will be held responsible if things go wrong!

As said get numbers and deposits and work from there. Contact club prior to see if you can get tickets cheaper etc.

If think of anything else i'll let you know but i'm sure the people on here will add plenty too.

many thanks for all that....appreciate it...
But if I was to advertise via flyers etc welll in advance..the full-package i.e. travel/accom/club entry...wouldn't I need to indicate price on flyer etc?..
...at this point not having exact numbers...

I suppose the bit that I would 'add on' would cover the fluctuating price, from the original quote i get from a hotel...

in ireland yeah...

any clubs in particular?Risky business here, people might not be up for that plus clubs are not half as good as they were 10/15 years ago here, maybe organise an outdoor rave in the summer or a warehouse rave?

Welll they're some good names coming up in Tripod....
Yeah I can see your point regarding outdoor raves etc...what about the whole legality side of it though?
An outdoor thing would be good...

jeo

Welll they're some good names coming up in Tripod....
Yeah I can see your point regarding outdoor raves etc...what about the whole legality side of it though?
An outdoor thing would be good...

jeo

Yeah Tripod is the best of a bad bunch here and they do have some good nites coming up, as regards outdoor/warehouse raves, never mind the legality of the thing mate that's part of the fun;) some of the best ever nites ive had out have been at illegal raves, if you put your thinking cap on and plan carefully you can have a great nite.

By the way if you need any DJ's let me know.;)

Yeah Tripod is the best of a bad bunch here and they do have some good nites coming up, as regards outdoor/warehouse raves, never mind the legality of the thing mate that's part of the fun;) some of the best ever nites ive had out have been at illegal raves, if you put your thinking cap on and plan carefully you can have a great nite.

By the way if you need any DJ's let me know.;)

I'm sure he doesn't want a set that includes The Chieftains, The Dubliners and The Pogues!!!;):lol:

Sub2foto1.jpg
conway3.jpg

Hahaha.

Jonny, incidentally, I'm setting up a club night. What DJ's could you put me in touch with exactly please ? Think big.

lol.

When we say put in touch - I assume you mean for free or cut price (hence ;))

Just type in DJ agency into google otherwise. Tongy's is an old school friend;):lol:

Back