Happy St Patricks Day

Jonny68

Monday 17th March, always a great day, first time ive been at home in years as i usually travel away for it but how and ever ill be sitting in some pub surrounded by plastic paddy's wearing silly hats and drinking green beer:lol: drowning the Shamrock, have a good one.:D

I may even go and watch the parade for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J-sL6iodoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHGWE87N4Y

:lol:

leprechauns3.jpg

Chicago :lol:

800px-Chicago_River_dyed_green,_focus_on_river.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never could understand those 3rd or 4th generation 'Irish' Americans who celebrate St. Patricks Day.....WTF? My mother and Grandmother are Irish but I was born in England making me ENGLISH so what the hell do they have to celebrate if I don't??? BTW my paternal grandmother was Irish aswell so I am probably more Irish than almost anyone in America. I just don't get it!!!

I never could understand those 3rd or 4th generation 'Irish' Americans who celebrate St. Patricks Day.....WTF? My mother and Grandmother are Irish but I was born in England making me ENGLISH so what the hell do they have to celebrate if I don't??? BTW my paternal grandmother was Irish aswell so I am probably more Irish than almost anyone in America. I just don't get it!!!

I agree with that. I have 2 Irish parents but was born in London and raised in London and still live in England (sunny Essex!) so I consider my self 100% English! Besides my ol man and ol dear get me on t1ts anyway!:lol:
Doubt you will find someone more English and patriotic than me even if it is a crime these days! Anyway that's a seperate argument and should not be brought up today.
Let the Irish (and their hangers on ;)) enjoy their day and get totally blitzed while I sit here at work! I'm not too bitter! :evil:
Happy Paddy's day to you paddies

Point taken, but the thing about St Patricks Day is that everyone celebrates the Irish!

They held the big annual parade in downtown Moscow yesterday. I overslept (missed it again!) but the missus went out and took some funny photos.

47dd38845b088.jpg

(this is not one of hers)

Greetings from the Big Apple you fcukin Schmucks! :lol:

Managed to catch the end of the parade in Manhattan today..

THOUSANDS of mad people in green EVERYWHERE!!

Welcome to NY! Can't think of a worse introduction - I avoid the parade and the mobs of drunken suburbanites it spawns like the plague - The new New York St. Paddy Day's tradition is going to see the Pogues at Roseland- I didn't make it tonight, but last night (with Billy Bragg) was beyond 8)

I know what you mean, some guy was thrown through Bloomingdales window yesterday after the parade :eek:.

I did meet Billy Connolly though which was a bit surreal:confused:

Off to see the Rangers play Pittsburgh tonight which should be a laugh!

with the rest of the plastic paddies you referred to in an earlier post or some real ones?
does it really matter that much :confused:

for the record as per usual met some great people from all over the world in Dublin for Paddy's Day and that is actually the best thing about it that you get to meet such a diverse bunch of people just having the craic and fcuk me what a session it was im hungover to bits here:p:D

NYC For Paddy's Day is amazing, last time i was there was 2001 and had a great time.

not at all jonny but I believe one of your posts quoted you moaning about celebrating it with 'plastic paddies'!

me personally, I don't celebrate it as I'm not irish so I couldn't give a toss.

neither was Tony Cascarino, didn't stop him playing for them in the world cup finals though :lol:

neither was Tony Cascarino, didn't stop him playing for them in the world cup finals though :lol:

Name the only team in the World Cup finals of 1990 and 1994 where every single member of the squad played football outside their own country???

Pretty obvious really ;)

Back