Hand Lugguage on planes

supermfc

Hi All

Just wondering if i would be able to take a little docking station as hand lugguage on a plane. its about the same size as one of this mini cd player things that people always seem to have as lugguage.

I have weighed it and its under the 5kg allowance i am allowed as hand lugguage.

Anyone had any trouble with hand lugguage since all the new laws?

any help much appreciated

Cheers
Dave

Hi All

Just wondering if i would be able to take a little docking station as hand lugguage on a plane. its about the same size as one of this mini cd player things that people always seem to have as lugguage.

I have weighed it and its under the 5kg allowance i am allowed as hand lugguage.

Cheers
Dave

We had no trouble (not to Ibiza but still the same), they didnt even weigh ours, and I had a hairdryer and hair straighteners in mine :lol: Just make sure you put it away when your on the plane

Hi All

Cheers
Dave

cant see why you would have any problems with that. It's just liquids they dont let you take.

on this subject

anyone else notice that people are now taking the piss with hand luggage
some flights i've been on recently its practically full luggage on there

those little trolley cases are bad enough
but some bags/cases in cabin are twice that size now!

:eek:

apparently on easyjet you can take your full allowance on as hand luggage aslong as its within the stardard hand luggage measurements and weighs no more than 20kg, its a way of saving yourself and the airline luggage handling costs by the airports

i took my docking station in may - no probs at all
just make sure that it fits in your hand luggage (specified dimensions) and doesnt weigh more than 10kg

:D

I traveled to Ibiza in June with my laptop, MIDI Controller (same size & weight as laptop), soundcard, headphones, two wall warts and associated wires all in my laptop bag. It still fitted the restricted size. In total it was 10kg (Jet2s limit for hand luggage).

I had no problems going out or returning. Had to remove the laptop and the controller from the bag at security but thats all.

I also took my laptop cooling plate and stand, but, they were in my hold luggage.

In this pic (taken at Bora Bora) the laptop and everything below it travelled hand luggage.

BoraBoraBooth.jpg

I went for 5 days, went to Argos bought one of those annoying trolly bag things that was within Easyjets bagage allowance size and filled it until it nearly burst..it was heavy but did me for the 5 days easily.

Sorry dude but you wouldn't get on my flight with that

Looks like the perfect kit for executing world domination!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was gunna try, but, settled for DJing with it instead

Where's the Tardis button???

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the chances of getting away with sneaking my contact lens solution in my hand luggage? Slim to none...?!

What are the chances of getting away with sneaking my contact lens solution in my hand luggage? Slim to none...?!
In theory, medically-necessary liquids are exempt.

However, if you're taking some large bottle of the stuff, I doubt they'd let you through given the nature of lens solution.

Can't you get a travel-sized container?

In theory, medically-necessary liquids are exempt.

However, if you're taking some large bottle of the stuff, I doubt they'd let you through given the nature of lens solution.

Can't you get a travel-sized container?

Didn't even think about that, i can just take a few of the holders i normally have them in but put cleaning fluid in advance. :)

Don't think they'd be allowed full stop!!! I've never taken them with me, just bought them at destination, so while we're on the subject what is their availability and legal status in Ibiza?

That was the topic.....3 years ago :lol:

No idea in response to your question though. Never had an interest in them.

Back