Guetta at Euro 2016

Digital2013

He's getting an absolute slating online for his 'performance' at the Euro 2016 opening ceremony. Just half heartedly fiddled with his headphones while the pre-recorded lineup of his big hits played out. Didn't even try and pretend to mix.

I don't think anyone expected him to rock up and drop a live vinyl set, but at least Fatboy Slim looked excited and interested when he did the Olympics on an inflatable Octopus!

Surely it's time for him to collect his cash and retire?

If someone said to me, "Here's a silly amount of cash, go and pretend to do your job for 5 minutes at the opening ceremony of a major competition in your home country to be seen by millions worldwide" I'd bite their hand off.

Some Parisian djs on my fb laugh at it, some spit on those Dj who laught at it :D...
David Guetta is for people with no musical culture , used to like some of his production early 2000 his mixes b4 he get popular in ibz & his addiction to $$$ that average people help for it :rolleyes:
i got many parisian friends who went for it , won't blame them for it, dont know if it was free, as one of my contact had 2 free places & i make a joke about it, as this guy is keen on rock music but for electronic music, please!No guetta gueslists :D
it's all about money, Always the same story ,when someone get popular, his music start to sucks :mad: (i was on Rock music industry so can talk about it :p)
i never trust a guy on drugs except this time :lol:, have a watch to Snoop dog, the same concerned commercial rap too :p

The worst is that he was an honest dj when he was resident at Palace and Scream during the 90's
I have some really decents mixes at home from him at this period

His initial productions which got released between 02 and 04 are pretty decent. After that period, he got more and more commercial with his releases becoming into the category of 'right, move on, heard enough!'

That performance at the opening ceremony was laughable, clearly miming. Then again, I remember seeing him with Rihanna in Sunderland in 2013 and guess what...yes, a recorded set and pretend to mix!

So much brilliant french music came out 95-05 (garnier, braxe, bradock, gregory, i:cube, falcon, bangalter) and the least interesting one guetta is the one that went stratospheric.

Back