Grange Hill Tops Kids Tv Poll

madwhitegiant

Grange Hill voted best kids' show

o.gif
_44408204_grangehill1978_203.jpg

Tucker Jenkins (left) was one of the show's original characters
inline_dashed_line.gif

Clips from the show

School drama Grange Hill has been voted the greatest ever children's TV show, weeks after it was axed by the BBC.
The series, which began in 1978 and often featured controversial storylines about social issues, beat The Muppet Show into second place.
Cartoons Tom and Jerry, Bagpuss and The Magic Roundabout completed the top five in OnePoll's survey of 5,000 users.
The BBC announced it was cancelling Grange Hill last month. The final series will be shown later this year.
CBBC controller Anne Gilchrist suggested the show had ceased to be relevant to children.
'Classics'
Hanna Barbera cartoon Wacky Races, which featured Penelope Pitstop, Dick Dastardly and Mutley also made it into the top 10 in the poll of 18 to 40-year-olds.
o.gif
TOP 10 KID'S TV SHOWS
1. Grange Hill
2. The Muppet Show
3. Tom and Jerry
4. Bagpuss
5. The Magic Roundabout
6. Dangermouse
7. Scooby Doo
8.Inspector Gadget
9.The Flintstones
10.Wacky Races

Source: OnePoll.com

Several other US cartoons appear on the list, including Scooby Doo, The Flintstones and Inspector Gadget.
But one of the most successful cartoons of all time, The Simpsons, is conspicuously absent.
"There are a string of classics among the top 20 but Grange Hill quite rightly came first," John Sewell, spokesman for OnePoll.
"Everyone over the age of 30 can remember coming home from school and sitting down to watch the adventures of Gripper, Roland and Tucker Jenkins. "It was always the talk of the playground the following day." BBC shows Blue Peter and Record Breakers scraped into the last two places in the top 20.

What about the Sid & Marty Croft shows like Lost in Space and Land of the Lost!

The Muppet Show = 8)

I do wonder who they actually ask in these polls.

Like the 100 top kids programmes on Channel 4 was won by The Simpsons!!:confused:

What about Rentaghost and He-Man???

I would agree that Grange Hill was the best children's show for sure, always used to watch it when i was a lad, but why are they comparing cartoons with non cartoons children's programmes you cant be doing that.

Back